Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

nosler trophy grade vs e-tip ammo?

Melman

I'm new to Nosler ammo and have a question. I'd like to buy .308 168gr e-tips and the Nosler website has the trophy grade ammo at $41.30 then they have what looks like the e-tip line of ammo (doesn't say custom or trophy grade on it) for $31.95/box. the ballistics listed on Nosler's site are the same for both boxes. Any reason to spend the extra $10 for the trophy grade that I'm not seeing? $31.95 box seems like a good buy and want to make sure I'm making the right choice.

thank you. couldn't see that on my phone and of course Nosler.com is blocked here at work.

I don't think you could go wrong with any Nosler ammo if it shoots accurately in your rifle. Personally I've never felt the need to shoot anything other than factory Remington Core-Lokt ammo. To me 400 yards is a long shot so I'm not a long range shooter and I don't shoot competitively so the factory ammo is all I need.

I don't think you could go wrong with any Nosler ammo if it shoots accurately in your rifle. Personally I've never felt the need to shoot anything other than factory Remington Core-Lokt ammo. To me 400 yards is a long shot so I'm not a long range shooter and I don't shoot competitively so the factory ammo is all I need.

I agree with the core lokts for deer even elk with the right shot, but in .308 caliber I'd like to shoot a premium tuff bullet for elk and was really impressed with their performance on Randy's Montana elk. I would like to give them a try and at $31/box, that is a reasonable price for a premium round.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back