Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Nosler Rifles

jlmatthew

Anyone else shoot a Nosler rifle? I shoot the M48 Liberty in 30/06 but have yet to come across anyone else who hunts with one.

just curious who else is out there

I was tempted for a while but eventually farmed out 700's to capable smiths and happy I did. IMHO current production 'custom' looks have been updated by builders like Seekins with ergo'd stock shapes and exotic barrel & bolt fluting.

Was tempted but was swayed by the weight of the Kimber Montana. If I had to do it all over I would have went with the Nosler. I am looking at them and Seekins as my next purchase and if I do I will probably sell the Kimber Montana.

I would in a heartbeat if they ever offer their custom line or a lefty option again.

I have one. Nosler custom M48 in 30 Nosler. I have lots of rifles, Browning X Bolt Pro, Weatherby backcountry, Remington, Rugers, Howa and others. The Browning and Weatherby are awesome but they all go before the Nosler. Mine shoots .25 MOA, smoothest action I have ever used.

They don’t make the M48 custom anymore but I bet the new Model 21 is awesome. I would get one in a heartbeat if I needed another rifle.

I know they really boogered up the m21 release in 6.5prc. Sold a bunch of rifles that wouldn’t feed factory ammo and struggled to rectify it for a while. Wouldn’t be my first choice.

I own a custom shop M48 in 35 Whelen that shoots lights out. Would definitely buy a second one if I could find it. The build on that one is heavy for my taste and that is the only reason it no longer goes out west with me.

I picked up a 28Nosler M48 that was built for their Gun Shows and never brought to the field. Great gun.

While I have no personal experience, I followed a thread elsewhere on a Nosler 21. 6.5 Creedmore or PRC, can't remember...

It looked and sounded super promising, but then the guy had horrible problems with it, no luck with help from Nosler, and he ended up sending it back and buying something else from another company. For that kind of $, that think had better be flawless from day one!

I've got a M48 LR carbon in 300 wm and I absolutely love the rifle. Got super lucky and picked it up on consignment from a guy who had no idea what he had said it had only had 5 rounds through it. It was way under retail for sure because nobody had made an offer in almost a year. It is one of their more custom made guns and is an absolute tack driver I hand load for it and so far haven't found a recipe that it doesn't like. Currently shooting a 200 gr ELDX over H1000, Norma case and Gold Medal Match Mag. Primer holding 1/4 MOA.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back