Northern California

H&H

Joined the other day. I am born and raised Nor Cal. I currently only hunt deer here, as I have yet to draw an elk tag and California does not seem to want to make any effort to enhance our big game species, only the predators. I have hunted Idaho for deer and elk for the last 11 years and just got drawn for the first time for Nevada archery deer. I envy those that live in states where you have leaders who understand and have a passion for hunting and conservation. Turned 40 this year and have one kid who will be able to hunt Idaho next year as a youth with another 2 years behind. I have hunted mainly for myself up until now and I am eagerly waiting to share the experience with my boys. Would one day like to live where hunting is not an outsider activity and people actually think with their brains. I like to research new areas and find new hunting ground, turning a corner in life I am looking to spend more time with the family, finding new activities together.

Hope everyone the best of luck this year, and hope I can share some of my success here!

Enjoy that time with your family. Something about the outdoors and spending it with friends and family. Sounds like you're making time, that's what they'll remember. Good luck on your Nevada archery deer tag.

Reactions: H&H
Welcome to the forum. I’m from the Central Valley there’s quite a few guys on here from Central Valley/ northern cal on here. I get what u mean about feeling like hunting is an outsider activity out here.

Welcome! I have 2 kids that are about 4 years older than yours. You are coming into one of the greatest times when they can hunt more often with you. Enjoy every minute of it.

Welcome, I‘m also from the central valley. I haven’t hunt Calif in years, though I put in for pp for deer and try and draw elk and sheep.

Welcome to the site! Another NorCal boy here (for at least the next three weeks) that spends most of his hunting time elsewhere!
Enjoy the time with your kids, my youngest just hit 21....amazing!

Lived in Redding for a while and since I bought a lifetime CA license before I moved I still try and go back to hunt B zone until I get an X tag.

Back