Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

North Idaho diehard looking for Archery partner- Elk 2021

Really though, I can pull up a dozen introductions from the last month where everyone here tells the new guy,
“be prepared to put in 1000 miles”
“don’t be a lazy SOB”
“he’s asking for honey holes”

This dude got on here saying he don’t want us if we ain’t prepared for 100 miles lazy or smokers. Offering to take someone to HIS honey hole he’s scouted for a MONTH straight, in advance. And we’re still razzing!? Haha! So Messed up! 🤣😭😂

Really though, I can pull up a dozen introductions from the last month where everyone here tells the new guy,
“be prepared to put in 1000 miles”
“don’t be a lazy SOB”
“he’s asking for honey holes”

This dude got on here saying he don’t want us if we ain’t prepared for 100 miles lazy or smokers. Offering to take someone to HIS honey hole he’s scouted for a MONTH straight, in advance. And we’re still razzing!? Haha! So Messed up! 🤣😭😂
I get that I was very specific and also can joke and flip shit with the best of them. I’m just not down to babysit or find myself chasing elk in unforgiving places with guys who “want” to hunt but give up when the going gets a little tough. My thought was to be as forward as possible so as not to get anyone into a hunt that they weren’t prepared for or a style or willingness difference. Hunting is fun and enjoyable especially when you know you’ve tried your best. Don’t get me wrong, a bull 50 yards from a road would be great BUT never happened to me. Seems that the Elk I chase are in places you’d really prefer not to pack from. Anyway, I get the ball busting and certainly understand that finding a partner ain’t easy! I will check back periodically when I’m not in the woods. Just got back from looking at some new and familiar spots and still excited.

Really the only problem I see is bringing this plan to the table in July. Most guys with that much desire and physical preparation have plans in place. Time frames a little rough unless your apt to have someone there for a week straight then weekends. Only so much vacation time for most. I’d have to get a new job every year if I hunted that schedule. But good luck hope you find what your looking for. Also looking forward to your hunt story upon return.

Well, I was excited to see 9 replies. Not so much after reading them. I guess this is why I hunt solo. Perhaps my honesty and expectations are a bit too high for most. I go hunting to hunt, and harvest, and enjoy the effort I put out. Maybe someone who takes their hunting seriously will see this, at least that was my hope. Instead of typical negative Monday morning quarterbacks. Oh well, worth a try. If someone is interested in hunting rather than heckling please respond. You Others can keep your 1 in 10 years success rate at best while I eat Elk steak! Obviously I don’t want to meet up with someone whose idea of hunting is driving around in their truck drinking beer and telling stories about the 1 decent deer they killed 20 years ago. I’d rather go hunt super hard and be proud of the effort I put in. So again, if anyone who can hunt wants to team up to increase safety, make packing easier, and enjoy hunting hard that would be great!
My son and I will be in the panhandle, usually do about 12 miles a day, spent 16 days last year hunting to the the end... our spots are closed due to fire. We hunt hard, he has elk tag, I've got bear and wolf. We will be somewhere, not sure where at this point.

You said panhandle-you will have lots of new hunters to hunt with. Drive that nice paved road up the couer d alene river drainage and drop into any hole you have "scouted" that has elk or sign you will have 10 new archery buddies right there with ya!! If you want to meet a new partner before hand please go up the joe and stop at the calder bar and let them know your enlightened thoughts on wolves you shared on other posts- you will get some responses! If you dont get any suitable responses head on up to Avery and go into sheffys and enlighten them on how we just need more habitat so there is more elk for all!! man and wolves. Just because people razzed you a little over your super rambo elk hunt post doesnt mean they dont kill elk or only do so once every 20 years from the road. Last time I purchased 2 elk tags in Idaho I took a 6 by 10 and another 6 by 6, in 2017, I did not do that by driving around drinking beer but your wilderness athlete approach is a little over the top for me. I have 2 Idaho elk tags again this year so looking forward to it. Good luck I think you will be successful just based on the number of days you have committed. You mentioned not ever killing a bull close to the road-you might have to actually hunt closer to the road to kill one there lol. I do like your enthusiasm-I got a little pissed over a couple of responses to my posts on here too. Its no big deal and I think there is a lot of hard core successful hunters on here. If you have success post it up! You should get it done with that much time allocated to the hunt

Wowzers, I’m definitely not your guy. Don’t drink in camp, don’t smoke, and don’t do dope. I definitely think about where a elk is and decide if it’s worth it or not. 100 miles of hiking is NOT worth it. I will just wait till there is one within a few miles or drive the 98 miles and hike the last two. I’m 6 for 6 on filling elk tags that way. I absolutely hunt smarter than harder.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back