Yeti GOBOX Collection

normal life of the product

Hatchie Dawg

I just received my Theron Wapiti 10x42 HD binoculars. The image is stunning and operation has been smooth and easy. However in looking at the warranty card I notice it says the binocs are covered for "the normal life of the product". What is this exactly? It seems like a cop out on the warranty, but I can't say that I know. Is this the language used in most "lifetime warranties" ?

Thanks,
HD

Let me know how you like them over the year....thinking of buying a set myself.

hooligan, have had mine for a while now, and no complaints what-so-ever.

1_pointer, good luck with that with that one.

hooligan, have had mine for a while now, and no complaints what-so-ever.

1_pointer, good luck with that with that one.
Good luck on not having folks speculate? Or good luck on getting a straight answer from Theron?

According to the website the Wapiti ED High def binos are:

•Covered under a one year no-fault and lifetime manufacturer defect warranty

According to the website the Wapiti ED High def binos are:

•Covered under a one year no-fault and lifetime manufacturer defect warranty

That is correct. The APO series is one year no-fault and lifetime manufacture defect.

Besides the normal life of product, as stated in the warranty they are covered if the product is no longer manufactured and it will be repaired or replace with the newer model in it's place. That is worded many times as normal life of product because very few products or models are manufactured very long without changes, big or small. It is better to make the fine print not so fine IMO, but most products you need a magnifier to read all of it and they just state "lifetime warranty"
I guess that would suck if you were like 95 years old and bought anything with a "lifetime" warranty:D

Last edited:
Response from schmalts sounds reasonable to me. I can say this if the binocs hold up and the company follows through on customer service these things are going to win over a lot of folks. Again the image is stunning, crisp and clear. Very, very, good first impression and I appreciate the quick response from schmalts below.

Hi Jeff, that is a lifetime Warranty just worded different than you have have seen on other items. There are many different ways manufactures word it, some call if lifetime, some limited lifetime, some call it even different things. Rest assured, anything that happens to them for the first year is covered under a no fault policy and after that it is a lifetime manufacture defect warranty such as any materials that fail, fogging internal, and things like mechanical failures. Some like the wording normal life of the product better than "lifetime" because it describes that the binoculars are covered under the warranty instead of the "lifetime" warranty that could mean only the life of the owner, and not that it matters to most but that would sound bad to a 90 year old guy if he bought them. Normal life of product is going to be longer than all of us are around It also is better to worded as normal life of product in case the binoculars need to be replaced completely and the model is no longer available they would be replaced with a newer model as stated on that card as well.
If you still have any questions, feel free to ask.
They are very nice and built well , your comments on the performance are what we hear all the time.

Nothing against the Theron's but that is why I buy Cabela's brand binos. Lifetime warranty. plain and simple bring them into the store and they are replaced its a beautiful thing.

Done it twice in 5 years. Once the eye cup broke after being dropped. Second time I broke them lol and they still got returned.

Thanks Schmaltz! With any luck, you will be getting an order for a pair from me next month....

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back