No Cure for Buck Fever

WyoDoug

There is just no cure for buck fever. I am ready to go now. LOL

I got my turkey license and going to do a hunt for turkey this coming Sunday. This will be my first ever turkey hunt and doing it solo. I have been up in the area helping a vet clear his drive and walks from the last snow. I did see turkey both in my hunt area and the pictures I posted on turkey in Denver and in the crab apple trees on a plot adjacent to where I can hunt. Now if I can only get permissions there LOL

I got all my limited license apps for all I can get on deer and antelope. It is up in the air on elk yet and just putting in for preference points on moose. The full price licenses and the small game, fishing, and bird licenses are all over the counter that I got planned so plenty of time on them. Doe muleys is what I am hoping for out of this. I have hunted both whitetail and muleys and just prefer muleys much more.

Now can someone accelerate this draw before my patience runs out?????

Oh well, there is fishing until hunting season limps along.

Ole Eddie was a super nice guy. Had been a butcher in a meat market so cleanly and quickly processed deer for others in camp.

Eddie constantly and consistently "missed" deer.
Eddie and Harry were headed home after a hunt when Harry spotted a legal buck.
Knowing Eddie hadn't killed a deer. He stopped and pointed out the deer.
Eddie (60 years old!) went into a hard rigor! Began shaking like a leaf and never got a shot off at the unsuspecting buck.

Preacher returned to camp opening day, crying that he shot a monster buck that got away!
"Horns looked like a upturned tree stump!"
After dinner, another hunter took Preacher to find his deer.
About dark, they returned with Preacher's "B&C" rack! It may have been wide enough to hold a cantaloupe! LOL!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back