PEAX Equipment

NM Unit 52 bears?

mcelweed

I drew NM unit 52 for primitive muzzleloader in Sept. My question is, are there a lot of bears in 52 that would make it worth taking along a bear tag? I made the mistake 2 years ago in the Gila of not getting a tag and had one walk in on me two evenings in a row, 15 yds the second evening. Of course after I bought a tag and it was valid he never came back and the season ended. Thanks

Dave

I drew a bull tag in October up there, I know there's a good amount of bears on the Colorado side so id imagine there's some on the NM side. I want to say that bear zone is usually one of the first to close because of harvest. I know I'll have a bear tag in my pocket if season is still open there.

I drew a bull tag in October up there, I know there's a good amount of bears on the Colorado side so id imagine there's some on the NM side. I want to say that bear zone is usually one of the first to close because of harvest. I know I'll have a bear tag in my pocket if season is still open there.

We drove up there today. Saw quite a few aspen that bears had been scratching. Definitely taking a bear tag with me. If I see a bear and not many deer I will shoot it with the muzzleloader. Now the question is do I take a rifle other than muzzleloader in case I get a deer and want to stick around to try for a bear?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back