Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

NM Oryx

My 16 year old daughters off range hunt starts today . I will be headed out on Wednesday and have Fridays off the rest of the month as we will be down there every weekend trying to find some Oryx . she does not care what size of oryx she just wants to have the opportunity to harvest one . we have gone down 2 weekends in a row and seen 1 Oryx off range . it's going to be a blast hopefully we can find some .it was awesome reading this thread

Dumb question. What is on range vs off range? Possibly heading down to Fort Bliss in the spring and trying to do my homework.

Dumb question. What is on range vs off range? Possibly heading down to Fort Bliss in the spring and trying to do my homework.
On range means on White Sands Missile Range. Off range in NM requires a tag. In TX they don't require a special tag for oryx, juat the OTC hunting license.

There is a hunting club on FT Bliss, reach out to them for more.

On range means on White Sands Missile Range. Off range in NM requires a tag. In TX they don't require a special tag for oryx, juat the OTC hunting license.

There is a hunting club on FT Bliss, reach out to them for more.
I'll just add that on range also includes unit 28 which is the McGregor training area. Anything in NM outside WSMR and McGregor are considered off range for oryx.

Last edited:
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back