NM muzzleloader

Tyler1215

Had my first muzzleloader hunt a couple weeks ago in NM. Made multiple scouting trips to learn the area as I don't live in NM. Never saw anything bigger than a spike so I didn't have high expectations. Decided to hike in to a area up against private land. Opening morning was able to glass up multiple bucks and by 3pm had this guy down. Great experience and hope I can draw this tag again soon.

Attachments

• 20221029_162348.jpg
    20221029_162348.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 47
  • 20221029_162331.jpg
    20221029_162331.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 48
Great job! You are fortunate - deer tags are awful hard to get here, R or NR.

Do you mind sharing what unit you were in? Or just a general "SE or NW" if you don't want to share the unit.

My deer hunt starts tomorrow. I am sitting at home by the fire right now, with the tag still in the file cabinet. Wasn't thinking too smart when I put in all my tags - my elk is next weekend, and I just ain't got enough poop to do both hunts with the mileage involved. Drat.

Again, nice buck!

David
NM

Great job! You are fortunate - deer tags are awful hard to get here, R or NR.

Do you mind sharing what unit you were in? Or just a general "SE or NW" if you don't want to share the unit.

My deer hunt starts tomorrow. I am sitting at home by the fire right now, with the tag still in the file cabinet. Wasn't thinking too smart when I put in all my tags - my elk is next weekend, and I just ain't got enough poop to do both hunts with the mileage involved. Drat.

Again, nice buck!

David
NM
It was in unit 23. Really was surprised to find this guy after not seeing anything close to this on my scouting trips. Talked to multiple people with this tag and everyone I talked to ate tag soup

Back