Yeti GOBOX Collection

NM Deer

Baerman,

Congratulations on a great tag! Take lots of pictures and share them, as well as the story, with us when you get back.

Looks like I'm traveling to New Mexico. Drew the 2B tag! :D:D:D

Congrats. Gotta ask though, what's the deal with 2B tags going to all the ID guys? Do you have to be from ID to draw a non-resident 2B tag in NM?

Hope you find a lunker.

Fin,

I've been putting in for this since 2005 and I asked Baerman if he wanted to put in with me this year...I bet he is glad he did. He scores on his first try. He owes me a six pack when we get there. He and I work together and we will be fired from our jobs by the time we make the trip. We can't stop looking at maps and talking about this trip. We are stoked!!!:hump:

Including you Moosie. I pulled up the thread from you and IDB's trip to NM in 05 and that is some funny sh#@! Can't wait to share stories after the trip. Good luck on your hunt.

Just to get everyone who drew a little more fired up and those who didn't excited for next years NM draws, here's a photo of a great buck taken by friend of a friend out of NM in 05

KirbysNewMexicoBuck.jpg

according to fowladdict, this buck was taken before you were there last time. It sounds like we will be hunting the week before you this year too. i hope for our sake we can pull a buck like this. i look forward to sharing stories after the season!

Muleyman,

Baerman and I drew this tag together and are both excited about this hunt. Which week will you be hunting? Have you hunted this unit before? If so lets see some pictures. Welcome to Hunttalk by the way.

Muleyman,

Baerman and I drew this tag together and are both excited about this hunt. Which week will you be hunting? Have you hunted this unit before? If so lets see some pictures. Welcome to Hunttalk by the way.
Have not hunted that unit, but lived there for many years while working in the oilfield there, I built oilfield locations and maintained roads in area for 6 years and know the area very well, southern part has more nontypical deer than i've ever seen anywhere, most hunters tend to gravitate toward national forest but in my opinion that might not be the best bet as there is plenty of BLM land to hunt, excellent access due to oilfield roads everywhere. Deer are used to a lot of traffic, just watch them go when you step out of your vehicle. For drawing tags, I've been drawing at this unit for 11 years and just now drew a tag, thought I was cursed for some reason. I'll be heading up first part of October to spend the month doing some scouting although I'm pretty sure of the canyon I'll be hunting, just going up to make sure, not taking any chances on this hunt because I know this may be the best chance I will ever have at taking a true wall hanger. I will be hunting the first hunt, always liked to be out there before deer get to pushed around.

Here's my 2008 NM buck - best I've ever taken...

2008buck2.jpg

That's him on the right...

2008buck3.jpg

Ok - just one more.... ;)

buckpicture11_best.jpg

Good luck to all of you!!! I am just making one trip to Utah this year to hunt on a friend's ranch. :(

OHHHH dang, I thik a few Idaho boys are a little excited right now :) :)

Maybe just a little bit :) :);).I'm excited to see how this post turns out...Hunttalkers will be hunting this unit all three seasons!! I expect to see some great pictures come October and November!!

Anyone have the 2B january hunt??

BTW...CalifHunter...great buck. I remember reading about it last year.

Excited is an understatement. I feel like a little boy the day before Christmas.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back