‘Nightmare’ elk hunt turns heads on the levee

flatcoat

‘Nightmare’ elk hunt turns heads on the levee
File this under just because you can doesn't mean you should. Flock shooting Elk on an island, then wondering how the heck to get to them, on the most popular dog walking spot in town. My new goal when traveling to hunt is not to make the front page of the local paper. Good stuff.

Hiding hunting is the worst thing we can do, we need to inform people not hide it. I understand this can appear to be a black eye, yes the hunters didn't think about after the shot issues.
More people need to see what meat is and where it comes from.

Hiding hunting is the worst thing we can do, we need to inform people not hide it. I understand this can appear to be a black eye, yes the hunters didn't think about after the shot issues.
More people need to see what meat is and where it comes from.
And I’m sure that meat was great sitting there as long as it did

It’s worse than a black eye IMO and I’d rather hunters police our own ranks rather than allow non hunters do it for us

Shooting elk where people walk their dogs… who cares if it was legal and safe… shooting elk you can’t retrieve.. very problematic… should have thought that part thru. being from Minnesota and doing all that… lol.. reminds me of that story with the mule deer doe massacre from eastern mt.

Buddy of mine drew the Bridger buck tag back when there was still big deer in the bridgers apparently. Shot a 177” mule just up past the M trail, lol said he got all kinds of shit on the way down. That was years ago. He’s originally from Wisconsin though.

It’s worse than a black eye IMO and I’d rather hunters police our own ranks rather than allow non hunters do it for us
I can see where your coming from, but to think non/anti hunter aren't policing us. That ship has sailed awhile ago. We are already demonized for what we do by people.
I'm not condoning bad behavior or unsafe gun practices, but things happen that don't go as planned all the time. Live and learn. Keep in mind, these people didn't break any laws according to the article.

Pretty simple in my eyes the hunters did not do their homework and got rightfully chewed on by the local game warden for it.
The comments by passers by was some good medicine too it appears.

The chewing about not being able to retrieve the animal seems to be appropriate. However, seems like they hit a honey hole by reading the regs and getting in on some elk that many others didn't know about. If its a walking trail, then hunting permitted signs should be posted. Just because it's a popular dog walking area should not make it inaccessible for hunters. Why are we trying to conceal the sport from dog walkers and casual recreation. There are enough times society bows down to the the loud mouth anti whatever cause they have. If no laws were broken, don't see the issue here!

If no laws were broken, don't see the issue here!
Sensitivity to public perspective. If we hunters as a minority don't recognize that, then shame on us.
Why would you want to flaunt something with obvious potential to exacerbate the anti-hunting attitude?

Attitude reminds me of the nimrods who shoot an animal then "proudly" drive around with the carcass on the hood. Why do that?

cf20fa0a09fea566df8b8f8f0dacf002.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back