Yeti GOBOX Collection

Nice News Story

Nemont

It Is Cold!!!!

Here is a front page story in the Billings Gazette. I live in Glasgow. It isn't that cold. Just - 38 this morning at my house oh and the power was out for 3 hours between 2 am and 5 am. and the temp in my house dropped down to about 48 degrees. Even the dog wanted to crawl in into our bed to get warm. Oh well I guess it keeps the riff-raff out. :confused:

January 5, 2005

Storm tracks
Gazette Staff

It could be worse.

You could be in Glasgow.

At 2 p.m. Tuesday, temperature in the Valley County seat was 16 below, and that was probably the high for the day. A foot of snow was on the ground and darkness promised a drop to 28 below.

But Mayor Willy Zeller was optimistic.

"They're talking about getting above zero by Thursday,'' he said. "It's going to get better.''

Not that he's counting, but "There are only 85 days until spring comes,'' he added.

Glasgow Public Works Director Jon Bengochea also looked on the bright side of an otherwise dreary winter day.

"We have lots of snow and it's really cold, but it isn't as bad as last year,'' he said.

Last year was one for the record books in northeast Montana. Glasgow buried its old record with a total of 70.7 inches of snow.

Glasgow had the lowest temperature reading in the state early Tuesday, but conditions weren't exactly tropical anywhere in Eastern Montana.

By evening, Opheim had the state's extreme low at 33 below, according to the National Weather Service. That was some 60-degrees colder than that state's high temperature, 32 degrees in Thompson Falls.

Early afternoon temperature in Wolf Point was 11 below, but reached an afternoon "high" of 9 below.

Also during the afternoon, it was 10 below in Havre, 5 below in Sidney and Glendive, 3 below in Jordan and 2 below at Baker.

Billings basked in a high of 4 degrees. And a 7-degree heat wave hit Bozeman, Lewistown and Livingston.

Temperatures in northeast Montana are forecast to be in the single digits today and rising to the teens by Thursday. :cool:

http://www.billingsgazette.com/index.php?display=rednews/2005/01/05/build/local/40-storm-tracks.inc
Copyright © The Billings Gazette, a division of Lee Enterprises

-24 F this morning when I drove to work. Where my sister lives they recorded -42 this morning (northern North Dakota). Time to put the flip flops away...

Minus 28 when I rolled out of bed this morning. Almost too cold to do anything, but since ducks closes Thursday, I am hitting the road for Malta. There must be a few ducks still around.

You guys suck! I wish I lived closer...

Maybe soon I will be a MT resident. I got a call back on a job in Gallatin, MT today.

Nemont, is peck froze over now? Geese gone? Good luck to you both.

Peck is all froze up but there are a few geese and lots of ducks are hanging below the dam. Most of the geese have left though. Ice fishing time. My son is an ice fishing fanatic so that will keep us busy the next couple of months.

Nemont

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back