Nice bull picture (new method)

Wally Dog

Storm_003.jpg

New breed of hound...............
The "Golden-Haired Wapiti Pointer"

That is one very nice looking bull, I just saw one like it this morning, not 20 minutes on foot out of town...

To far away for my cheap little camera to get a pic though...

That's a great picture. I had something like that happen while hunting pheasant on Grizzly Island. My shorthairs ran up and over the bank of a slough, swam across it and then up the other side. There's tall tules all over, and I start walking along my side of the slough while heading towards a pipeline where I can cross and follow the dogs. All of a sudden, there's this loud running and a bunch of snorts, and here comes a HUGE tule elk bull, mad as hell, crashing through the brush and jumping halfway across the slough, heading right for me! Then here come my dogs, grinning and chasing him.

Fortunately, the bull saw me and turned away. All I had was high base 6's, and I don't think the game wardens would have believed me that it was self defense! The fine for shooting a Tule Elk is huge, and you have to pay to replace a bull with one from another herd somewhere else in the state. What a rush!

Then a couple of years later, my brother drew the bull tag for that year on Grizzly and I was able to "guide" him to a real nice 8x9 bull!

Man Cali your bro drew the Grizzly tag :eek:
Thats the Holy Grail in California (I am 0-13 years on that tag thank you!) Its nice to even know somebody that knows somebody that drew that tag

...I sit in my own saliva every time I duck hunt down there just LOOKING at those bulls!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back