Yeti GOBOX Collection

NFA Wait Times

Your CLEO should have been submitted when they submitted the form 4. Waiting until after its been approved defeats the entire purpose of the CLEO.
Silencer Central makes it really easy, but I’d say they add at least 60 days to the process with their protocols. Bought my first from them and had them set up my trust. 100% satisfied with their service but I’ve gotten my subsequent suppressors (transferred locally) at least two to six months faster.

A recent podcast I listened to had Silencer Central on and was talking about wait times. They claim they are at about 6 months once they get every i dotted and t crossed.

A recent podcast I listened to had Silencer Central on and was talking about wait times. They claim they are at about 6 months once they get every i dotted and t crossed.
I would call B.S. on that. My paperwork was submitted to the ATF by SC on 5/31 - and according to their website they are seeing approvals from late march and early April right now. Once the approval comes back from the ATF they're still sitting at around a month for LEO notification and shipping... so take that podcast with grain of salt.

All that being said, I'm still happy with my buying experience from them. I'd fully recommend, especially for your first.

Last spring my eForm 4 took 100 days but it was early in the system’s rollout. Guess I got lucky on my first (and possibly only) suppressor.

Any recent updates on folks getting their suppressors? I submitted June 30, somewhere around 225 days now. I called them and they had zero insight as to what I could expect.

I would call B.S. on that. My paperwork was submitted to the ATF by SC on 5/31 - and according to their website they are seeing approvals from late march and early April right now. Once the approval comes back from the ATF they're still sitting at around a month for LEO notification and shipping... so take that podcast with grain of salt.

All that being said, I'm still happy with my buying experience from them. I'd fully recommend, especially for your first.
Spend a year waiting then need an OK from LEO? I was told from them the main holdup is ATF is still processing paper forms. When did paper forms go away? Last suppressor was 4 years ago. 7 weeks from purchase until submitted.

wfaRhGMh.png

I applied for mine in July and was told they would be processing that batch in March or April of this year. Too long of a wait. The issue really is that congress will not appropriate money to bolster NFA. There are limited people processing literally 100s of thousand applications a month.

The only thing congress knows how to do is raise taxes and spend money. I wonder who they'd stick it to on the taxes.

The BATF had a booth at the SHOT show 2 weeks ago. I asked them how long the wait was for E-file and they said around 90 days. I then asked why I had been waiting since August. He kind of looked like a deer in the headlights. I asked if any of the 12 or so there working could tell me if there was a problem and a nice lady asked if I had my serial number for the device. I did, and she looked it up on her laptop and said "oh it shows it is in processing so any day now" I asked if there was any problems with my app that would make a 90 process time turn into 6 months..... Deer in headlights. Don't be fooled that you will have it in 60 or 90 days, much less 6-9 months. Useless agency that have enough time to come to the SHOT show for whatever reason instead of approve a device that they will make money on so I can protect my hearing.

The E-file does take approximately 90 days. The issue was that ATF received hundreds of thousands of paper applications before E-File. This was in a large part due to people panicking about Biden Admin. They are required by law to process all applications on first come first serve basis. There are a few great exceptions (deploying military can get NFA in days).

Without additional support for the processing these applications have killed time lines. Companies are pushing the 90 day E-file to drum up business, further delaying the process.

The Biden Admin push to take away arm braces is just further exacerbating the issue. There are now additional millions (not an exaggeration) of new Forms to be processed for SBR.

The SHOT show is an annual convention for industry and ATF is always there. They need to increase NFA staff to get through this. It’s a shit show and it sucks for law abiding citizens to sit through this. The real issue, as I see it, is not hiring and training more people to process the applications before the new launch. Leave it to the government to snatch defeat from the jaws of history. They come up with a good idea (speeding up the NFA process through new process) but failing to execute the new process.

I know very few will believe this…ATF actually asked to have suppressors and SBRs taken off NFA in 2015-2016 and admin fought tooth and nail to keep them on the list. ATF Assistant Director pointed out these are not commonly used in crimes and would significantly enhance hearing protection.

DOJ and Admin wanted none of it and here we are today.

Just FYI

Last edited:
So after "submitted" I have an email from ATF with that being 1/13/23.. how long? I'm assuming I can go grab that hopefully late this summer?

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back