Caribou Gear

Next year?

Leet

So where is everone hoping to get drawn for next year for mule deer? Anyong close to drawing that once in a lifetime tag? I have 5 points here in Co. and am hoping to put them to good use next year. Also will be hoping for Wy. and Nevada.

I have 5 points for Colorado - Don't know where I want to put in yet.
I will have 7 points for Arizona - Hopefully the strip.
I have 4 points for Oregon - Don't know where I want to put in yet.
Hopefully I will draw an early archery tag in Idaho.
Hopefully draw a deer tag in Montana.
Hopefully will draw a deer tag in Wyoming.
Will start this year gaining points for Utah.

I hope to atleast get one of these tags this coming year. Good luck to all in there quest for a trophy tag.

Later,

bugler,

What are the choices for the Co. points? Have you thought of the early hunts in 43? If you have some time those can be great hunts. Extremely rough country though.

not sure, but maybe Idaho again and not sure where in Idaho(but not the Loon Creek drainage)--I think I have my wife's cousin from Sweden and another buddy from Sweden who may come and Bullshit will probably tag along---chris

Leet,

I haven't thought about it that much yet. I have compiled some information about good units in Colorado but I havn't really decided yet. I was guessing I needed a few more points to get a decent hunt. Thanks for the info I will look into 43. Are you from the area?

Later,

I used to live there. For about 10 years. I now live further west in unit 22. Lots of decent bucks running around right now.

Deer in Colorado (Secret Unit), So Secret that I don't even know yet ;).
Deer in Montana. (Draw with no points)
2 deer in Idaho. (Guarenteed)
2 deer in Alberta Canada......... (Pending)

Ohhhhh And I'm going to Draw my Goat in Idaho too by putting in the first time ..... ;)

putting in for all tags in AZ wont get drawn
archery hunting for deer in az(cause I wont get drawn)
bear hunting Over the counter in az(cause I wont get drawn)
fishing alot(cause I wont get drawn)
hopefully going to another state like idaho or WY or SD nd etc(cause I wont get drawn in az)
I am thinking I want to hit up MT and nemont for some hunting ;)

Delw

My 4 kids are all shooting next year so I'll be guiding them and shoot'n video. I may have to take my whitetail next year if a big one is dumb enough to charge me. :D I only shoot in self defence. :p

Utah 5 points-still deciding on an area. Tyler, we will talk.
Wyoming no point system-may try a new area, but still 3 months to research and decide
South Dakota-mule deer sucks, but will draw a whitey tag
Montana -OTC, with a possible premium unit draw
Colorado-probably just a point, since I have not done any research as of yet
Idaho-this is just a maybe. I need to educate myself with some of the premium units, odds and what it costs if I don't draw (which I assume will be the case in the difficult draws).

Colorado, i have 2 points for Muzz.
Thats about it unless Miller or another MT guy invites me out for a deer hunt..... :D

Think Im going to get me Coues in 35a on Fort Huachuca next year,or in general 35a.Thats my goal for a Dec hunt,but I have afew other places that I can fall on,but 35a is it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back