Newest member from Oregon

dartonvpr

Well, it appears that I am the newest member from Oregon, not that I've seen very many. But in any case, my name is Jim and I spend all of my spare time in the outdoors, even some time I can't spare. I have hunted, fished, shot and hiked in florida, Montana, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Washington, Nevada, Utah and of course Oregon. If it swims I've fished for it, if it walks I've hunted it, but have to say that coyotes are probably my favorite hunt.

Welcome Jim. There are quite a few registered users from Oregon, but some of them don't post that often. When they do post, they usually have us envious of their steelhead and salmon pics, or their blacktail and Roosie hunting.

Glad you signed up.

St Helens, was raised here, but have lived in Bend, Redmond, Springfield, Lincoln City and Corvallis.

I have hunted elk all over the state, but most recently we have been hunting either Northside or Desolation, or I bowhunt Roosevelt.

yes,I also hit desolation or starky,ukiah area mainly with bow,have you got any ideas on finding elk in the high dessert units in s e ore? I drew muzzle tag and have scouted some but havnt found much? pretty dry country,figure im gonna have to watch the water sources.

Welcome aboard. How have you guys done archery hunting the roosevelts? That is on my short list of hunts to do.

Ive done both rocky and rosevelt,been more successful with rockys on east side of state,the brush on the west side really hides em good,they tend to find a pocket and stay hunkered down,they are bigger bodied though.

From one newbie to another,, Welcome! I was raised in Jefferson, spent some time in Yoncalla, Bend and even Hampton- population of about 12 by now. Do miss it, but not the rain!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerezA
Back