PEAX Equipment

New Yorker here

mohunts

Hey everyone! A New Yorker here. I have only hunted whitetail in KY because my father in law has property there. I have never hunted in New York before. I was wondering if there are any folks here from New York or the tri-state area? Or any social media group where I can meet New York hunters? Thank you all so much!

Last edited:
Lots of outdoor fun all over New York can be had and I can imagine you'll find some local folks to meet. I wish I was a bit closer to get more mileage from my lifetime license. Public land opportunities throughout the state are decent, but some regions have more to offer.

And Merry Christmas too...

Welcome. I'm originally from the Rochester area.
Thanks John. Do you usually hunt in
Where in NY are ya? Tons of hunting and fishing opportunity over there

Lots of outdoor fun all over New York can be had and I can imagine you'll find some local folks to meet. I wish I was a bit closer to get more mileage from my lifetime license. Public land opportunities throughout the state are decent, but some regions have more to offer.

And Merry Christmas too...
Merry Christmas and thank you for the message. Yes, I have hiked all over NY but never went hunting here. I do plan on it for sure. I gotta start somewhere! :)

Where in NY are ya? Tons of hunting and fishing opportunity over there.
I am in Long Island. I was in up state and did a lot of hiking and camping while studying there but was not into hunting at the time. I definitely wanna go upstate and do hunting because Long Island is only good for fishing. Have you hunted in the capitol region? Thank you!

Hey everyone! A New Yorker here. I have only hunted whitetail in KY because my father in law has property there. I have never hunted in New York before. I was wondering if there are any folks here from New York or the tri-state area? Or any social media group where I can meet New York hunters? Thank you all so much!

There’s a Manhattan Montana! Nice to have you on the ship.

I am in Long Island. I was in up state and did a lot of hiking and camping while studying there but was not into hunting at the time. I definitely wanna go upstate and do hunting because Long Island is only good for fishing. Have you hunted in the capitol region? Thank you!
I lived in the city for ages and used to hunt and fish in the Catskills and Hudson Valley a lot. There’s even some decent bow hunting as close as Westchester County. Loads of deer in LI (Suffolk Co.), but it’s pain to hunt on the little bit of open public land they have.

A climbing tree stand is going to be your friend so you can try a few places.

Shoot me a message on here once you get up to 10 posts and I’d be happy to point you in the right direction.

The NYC and LI chapters of the group Backcountry Hunters and Anglers used to be pretty active and would have regular events where you can BS with other folks that hunt and fish. They’re very welcoming to new hunters. However, I got my best spot tip from a guy at the public archery range out on LI. Really helps to BS with folks out there.

Last edited:
I lived in the city for ages and used to hunt and fish in the Catskills and Hudson Valley a lot. There’s even some decent bow hunting as close as Westchester County. Loads of deer in LI (Suffolk Co.), but it’s pain to hunt on the little bit of open public land they have.

A climbing tree stand is going to be your friend so you can try a few places.

Shoot me a message on here once you get up to 10 posts and I’d be happy to point you in the right direction.

The NYC and LI chapters of the group Backcountry Hunters and Anglers used to be pretty active and would have regular events where you can BS with other folks that hunt and fish. They’re very welcoming to new hunters. However, I got my best spot tip from a guy at the public archery range out on LI. Really helps to BS with folks out there.
I appreciate it. Thank you so much for your reply. I did take the bow hunting safety course but never bow-hunted. I have only hunted with my Browning ABolt-3 6.5 Creedmore. Eventually, I definitely wanna bow hunt as well. Thanks again

Welcome. I'm up in northeastern NY. I'd second the thought of joining BHA and getting to know other members in your area. I believe they're pretty active down in your area. Feel free to PM me with questions. I'm happy to help think through good possibilities for you.

I'm a New Yorker, welcome aboard

Welcome from PA,I’ve hunted up there off and on for the past 20 years. Lots of great places to go and hunt,good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back