Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

New Vortex UHD?

ART_SKYD

Anybody tried out the new ultra hd vortex binos? Curious how much better they are then the razor hd. Also how they stack up against Swarovski or Zeiss? Price for UHD is about $300-$400 more than hd, with the new price might as well just spend a little more and get Swarovski.

UHD= Ultra High Dollar.
Spend $100 on a set of Vortex Raptors & use the rest of the money on a hunt, or a tag.

UHD= Ultra High Dollar.
Spend $100 on a set of Vortex Raptors & use the rest of the money on a hunt, or a tag.

A $100 pair or nocs will work for brief glassing periods, or if it's your first hunt and it's all you can afford. Spend more than a few minutes looking through a cheap pair though and you'll start to feel the eye strain. Spend hours or more glassing and you'll hate your life.

You get what you pay for when it comes to optics. I think a lot of people discount how important good optics are. Spend some time in low light situations comparing a quality optic to a $100 optic (especially at the top end of their magnification ranges for scopes), and you'll see the difference. I care more about the optics I put on my rifles than I do the rifles themselves.

UHD= Ultra High Dollar.
This has got to be some of the worst advice I’ve heard.... satire maybe?

I haven’t looked through these new ones... probably worth it but who knows depends if you have the billfold for it and are willing to save

I can think of a lot of other brands to spend that much on, or even less on before I would pay that much for any Vortex product.

You might try some birding forums. Not that hunters don’t have a good point of view I just think they might be a little brand bias. Good luck
Zach

You might try some birding forums. Not that hunters don’t have a good point of view I just think they might be a little brand bias. Good luck
Zach

Took the words out of my mouth... not sure why people hate so hard on brands that they don’t use...

Some of us have used brands we won't reccomend. Some brands just get more bad review. mtmuley

Not about recommending or not it’s the absolute disgust you have shared for the brand. I would never buy leupold, but I know they have good optics and good quality. So I can’t hate on the brand. Just saying 🤷‍♂️ People have different opinions. Can’t bash a multi million dollar company. They must be doing something right haha

** it’s like someone asking for rifle suggestions which always happens. And everyone has different opinions. Someone suggests a Remington 700 because it’s worked well for them in the past, in all aspects. Then someone comes along and says that’s and awful company awful brand. Because they had a bad experience with the one rifle they tried or Heck a couple that just don’t fit right or shoot well for them. So instead of saying hey they don’t work well for me, you say that the company is the problem... Remington has been making rifles for decades they must be doing something right, you know what I mean?

Last edited:
I just bought the Vortex Viper HD 10x42 binos, and like them more than my Razor HD spotting scope. I'm not sure I'll ever buy high end again

The vortex razor binos are more than most need in quality.
It's your money, so to each their own.
I can afford vortex.
So that's what I use. But I think that the upper end vortex prospects in general, aren't much better than the mid and base models. I wouldn't spend that much extra for the high end models.
Quite frankly, I wouldn't ever go more than 300 bucks for binoculars anyway. You would have to use them 100+ days a year to need or even justify that, in my mind.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back