Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

New Tripod(s)

Stubaby

I have some new SLC HD 10x42s and an HD 25-50 wide angle Swaro HD spotter in the 65mm straight. I love them both like children. I have found how much I like to pan with the binos on a tripod. I currently put the binos on a Vortex High Country tripod with the ball head to pan with and it works pretty well. I have a Vanguard Alta tripod for the spotter it's ok too.

I have been looking at the Outdoorsmans stuff and they seem like the way to go. If money were no option, I would get that compact medium with the large pan head and the dual mount for the binos and the spotter. It might be cumbersome, but it seems the dual mount would save a lot of time going back and forth with the two tripods. When it's prime time glassing every second counts. It seems I spend half of it going back and forth from bino to spotter. Sometimes I find a buck with the binos and want to take a closer look so I move the tripod out of the way then grab the other tripod with the spotter. By the time I re-find the animal it seems that sometimes it moves into the trees or whatnot.

Anybody have a better solution? Better system? I'm all ears.......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back