Caribou Gear

New toys

Tried it years ago when I lived in Montana and was alright but pretty boring unless you hole happened to be right in a hot spot. Keep thinking I'd like to try it again but it was 31* with a bit of wind doing chores this morning and I just don't go as good in the snow as I used to. Probably pass now. Recall the first hole I did in the ice in Montana. Foys Lake near Kalispell. Only had an ax to dig it with and come to find out the ice was about 2' deep! had a hole about 4' around on top and last shot with the ax broke through and hole filled up with very cold water right away. I went home right then!:)

I was hoping to have my shack out a couple weeks ago but haven’t had time to get it out yet
Have you been able to use them? How did they work for you?

I rigged a little sounder on my tipups. I usually spear so I run a tip up outside and don’t want to constantly be peeking out the door. I have a 9volt sounder hooked up to 9v battery wired into a mercury tilt switch attached to the flag. Works but always looking for other cheap effect means

Have you been able to use them? How did they work for you?

I rigged a little sounder on my tipups. I usually spear so I run a tip up outside and don’t want to constantly be peeking out the door. I have a 9volt sounder hooked up to 9v battery wired into a mercury tilt switch attached to the flag. Works but always looking for other cheap effect means
We need some mods for next year. The cold weather kills them quickly so I plan to make some insulated boxes and throw some hot coals in a can to keep it warmer in there. Now we have so much snow I have to haul all my equipment out in a sled so no room for tip up boxes

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back