Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

New to Western Oregon

Oregon_Ryan

Hi everyone

I'm a relatively new arrival to Western Oregon, and I've gotten into big game hunting since getting out here. I'm originally from the east coast, but was in the Army, so I've lived all over the country and chose to settle down in the Valley. I've been watching Fresh Tracks and the other videos that Randy produces and it's been a great learning opportunity. I've honestly learned a lot from them. My hunting background has been mostly upland game, with some whitetail hunts too. I'm planning and going on my first elk hunt this fall. I just wanted to make my introductions and say hi. I really don't know too many people locally, but if there are other Oregon hunters here, I'm always up to meet for a coffee or a beer, or go fishing, etc

Hey Chris, great to hear from you. I just finished reading your thread in the Elk section and I was motivated. I've been scouting in the Coast Range since the end of April for my fall hunt. I'm in Salem, so that makes it kind of easy to get anywhere. Also, thanks to both you and Addicting for the warm words.

Hey Chris, great to hear from you. I just finished reading your thread in the Elk section and I was motivated.

Just keep grinding and learning your dirt , and things will break your way , glad I could I could fire you up !!! Because of the massive road system, there’s a few secrets out there but not to many out there , I try to find spots that are less hunted than others and that can be hard . Good luck on your hunts , looking forward to seeing how it turns out for you

I usually spend my Sunday afternoons with a stack of FS maps and a pencil, tracing out roads and finding "hidden" pockets that look good on the map. Now that I have a few of those ID'd, I'm getting on the ground.

I will definitely keep you posted, and good luck on yours.

Where do you plan to hunt West side or east side. If the east side maybe able to offer help. I don't hunt the west side of the Cascades.

Welcome to Oregon, Land of the Empire Builders - If you're willing to hunt rifle, archery and muzzleloader, you'll have a good chance at a big game tag every year and a reason to buy more equipment! Best of Luck.

Back