Yeti GOBOX Collection

New to the site

1-Shot-1-kill

Hello all, was watching the hunting shows and found your site, read a few posts and thought i'd join.

On the hunt here, been dawgin big buck with beams as big as my wrist, he is still a bit shy right now, only seen him once since bow season started, but if my calculations are right, oct 10-11 he should be parading around in daylight hours, hope im in the right spor when he does👍

My last bow kill( hope the photo uploads)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 382
My last black powder kill

It was the last day of the season, windy, cold, sunset was 4:30+\- , and i had to pee at 3:30 , didnt bring a bottle with me so i removed the cap out of my TC and climbed down from my stand, walked over to my 4 wheeler and started relieving myself, TC still slung on my shoulder, as my teeth started feeling like they were back in their sockets, this buck jumps up not 20 feet away in front of me, doing my best not to piss all over myself, i took the TC off my shoulder aimed, squeezed,..... NO CAP!!, still doing my best not to piss on myself, im digging for a cap, shiot! I dropped it! The deer is moving away now quartering to my left, i dig for another cap, get it in the TC, raise the barrel, line up on his kill zone , he is about 50 yards away now, and at a fast walk, i squeeze off the round as im tracking him with the barrel, SWACK! I see wood fly! And the deer disappears over a ridge.... I searched for 2 hours for this deer, no sign of blood, kept going over what took place in my mind, im sure everything was right with exception to the 4" tree that i hit.... Didnt sleep to well that night, a couple days pass and a neighbor asked me to shoot a boar that had been tearing up his property, so i did, 200 lb razor back that evidently escaped from one of the hunt ranches close by, after shooting this boar, i did a recon looking for more pig sign, as i approached this small grove of cedars, i could see what i thought was a deer, it was the deer i had shot at , he was 75 yards from where i shot him, not much meat left on him, but i was relieved that i found him

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 359
thanks THWAK1,.. he has stickers all over the base s ,..some are 2 inches long on the back,...total points over an inch long are 32,
if the wind blows right for me in 2 weeks,..I'll be posting a picture of a monster,..I've been scouting him for a year ,..seen him in the full open areas only 3 times,.mostly gt a glimps of th stump on top of his head flashing thru the woods, and still I have not been able to count all of his points,..but his mains are as big as my wrist, and around 26 inch spread..probably a big 6 year old ,..maybe 7 around 250,.260 lbs on the hoof,..this year if I dont get him,..come february I'm going to do a search for his drops

Good luck! Keep us posted...I'm interested! Even if it's just the sheds (I used to be a shed hunting junkie)!

the plan is to take him with the new crossbow the wife bought me for my birthday,.. I bought her a new car,..so she got me the cross bow ha ha sounds fair huh ? lol Carbon Express Covert SLS ..sweet shooter to 60 yards

New car...new hunting toys. Sounds good to me! Gotta keep mamma happy!

Thanks Yankee , im from an area a little north of you myself :)
Just south east of boston on the Cape , but traveled the world for quite a few years, landed here in Missouri, some good hunting here so far.

I need to find my video of my boat I designed and built,..it is a pontoon with built in trailer and hitch,..you back it in the water,.my 7 year old "Capt. Maddie" she hits a switch the trailer wheels retract,..then you unhook from tow vehicle and the hitch retracts up under the deck,..works great for river floats where you put in up river and take out down stream,..trailer is already with the boat,..so if your fishing with a buddy,..park his vehicle at the take out point,..in Missouri when I took it to the state for inspection,..I was told that because the trailer is part of the boat,..I did not need to put trailer tags on it,..just road lights,..so in effect I only pay tax on the boat,..not trailer and boat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back