New To Forum- Northern California

tealtaskforce

Hi Hunt Talk Forum,
I am 26 years old from Sacramento area of Northern California, however grew up in a smaller farm town south of sacramento called Gilroy. If any of you have heard of it before you will know it as the Garlic Capitol of the world, and yes it smells like Garlic when you drive by:cool: I am an avid public land waterfowl hunter, as well as Big Game, but I am fairly new to big game hunting. I prefer to do solo backcountry hunts. I have hunted blacktail for a couple years with no luck in my home town, however I have been blessed to harvest a few pigs on public land. I went to school for a few years in Washington state where I got to experience worldclass public land waterfowl hunting, sadly, due to expenses never realy got to get in the backwoods. I moved back to California to finish off my degree in Sacramento, and am now learning to hunt in the eastern sierras for blacktail and mule deer. I am a rifle hunter as of now, but see myself enjoying archery, but want to get more experience with the rifle first. I currently working as a heavy equipment operator, which is paying off my insanely expensive degree in pyschology:mad:
I heard about this forum from Big Fins podcast and I am extremely excited to be apart of this community, I have been a long time stalker and loved how all the members here are full of great information and friendly. Seems as if this community is very serious about the tradition of hunting as well as defending the public lands. I cant wait to start participating here, so I can learn from everyone, and maybe pitch in some advice when I can.

-TealTaskForce

Welcome Teal! You in great waterfowl country in N. Calif.!!!!!

Yea California kinda gets a bad rap to the rest of the countries hunting opportunities, but we sure do have some great waterfowl. Love it up north in the rice too! doesnt get much better! thanks for the welcome

Nice intro, welcome to the forum. I grew up in Placer County but for the past 20+ years I've lived in Imperial County. I try and fit some waterfowl hunts in NorCal when I can.

Nice intro, welcome to the forum. I grew up in Placer County but for the past 20+ years I've lived in Imperial County. I try and fit some waterfowl hunts in NorCal when I can.

Thanks Glass eye! you cant beat your current location now, but if you find your way up north and are in need of a refuge hunt im a PM away!

Welcome to the forum from you neighbor to the east
Would love to hear about those California hogs

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back