Caribou Gear Tarp

New to Arizona from Colorado

rytomgo84

New to Arizona and hunting in AZ. I’ve been here for almost a year now and I want to start elk hunting here. I moved here from Colorado where I’ve been hunting elk for the last four years. I started hunting thanks to a friend of mine and his dad who got me into it out there. It was super beneficial hunting with guys that have been doing it all their lives and I’m glad they shared there knowledge with me.

Hopefully I’ll be able to find people like that to hunt with here but it’s been hard meeting people with everything that’s been going on this year. I’m also trying to find out if there is a class or seminar I can go to learn more about Arizona elk hunting regulations and the units out here etc. Do you guys know of any classes or seminars out there?

Hopefully I’ll be able to find people like that to hunt with here but it’s been hard meeting people with everything that’s been going on this year. I’m also trying to find out if there is a class or seminar I can go to learn more about Arizona elk hunting regulations and the units out here etc. Do you guys know of any classes or seminars out there?

go back and listen to and watch all of randy's arizona application season videos and podcasts, then wait for this years to come out

then call arizona G&F and ask every question you have

that's where i'd start at least

go back and listen to and watch all of randy's arizona application season videos and podcasts, then wait for this years to come out

then call arizona G&F and ask every question you have

that's where i'd start at least
Thanks for the advice, I love that show!

New to Arizona and hunting in AZ. I’ve been here for almost a year now and I want to start elk hunting here. I moved here from Colorado where I’ve been hunting elk for the last four years. I started hunting thanks to a friend of mine and his dad who got me into it out there. It was super beneficial hunting with guys that have been doing it all their lives and I’m glad they shared there knowledge with me.

Welcome to AZ! Check out azgfd.com to get the details. There are some seminars listed on the site as well as the current regulations. There is also a link to how the draw system works. Unlike Colorado, we don't have an OTC opportunity for elk (less some predation hunts with extremely low success rates), so you have to get lucky on the draw. The draw is online only and will be posted in early/mid January; deadline for application is Feb (9th I think). Since you've been here more than six months, you're able to apply as a resident. If you're an archery hunter, you can get an OTC archery tag for deer in January.

Welcome to AZ! Check out azgfd.com to get the details. There are some seminars listed on the site as well as the current regulations. There is also a link to how the draw system works. Unlike Colorado, we don't have an OTC opportunity for elk (less some predation hunts with extremely low success rates), so you have to get lucky on the draw. The draw is online only and will be posted in early/mid January; deadline for application is Feb (9th I think). Since you've been here more than six months, you're able to apply as a resident. If you're an archery hunter, you can get an OTC archery tag for deer in January.
Thanks so much for the info! I’ll check that website. I’ve got some homework to do for sure.

Welcome to AZ. Hunting elk is often an every 5 year plus event here unless you choose anterless or late archery hunts. You can bear hunt 5 months out of the year and chase 3 deer 3 months plus great quail and dove.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back