Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

New Tikka Veil Wideland

AndyPOW

Got out to sight in my new Tikka Veil Wideland in .308. This is the first three shots at 100 yards. That high one is my 11 y.o. making his first shot with a big rifle. I put a Leupold 2.5 x 8 with a Boone & Crockett reticule on it.

Attachments

• 100 MOA.jpg
    100 MOA.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Indeed!

And good for you, enjoying time & passing down traditions/memories with your son!

Great group. Have fun making memories with your son.

I just picked one of these up in 7mm Mag this year! Traveled a good distance to pick up a Hells Canyon I had set aside. When I get there, I though, heck, why not look around. Well, I held the Tikka and it was all over. It's a great shooter and weighs less than the browning. I like everything about it!

Attachments

• 20201011_205359.jpg
    20201011_205359.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 26
I just picked one of these up in 7mm Mag this year! Traveled a good distance to pick up a Hells Canyon I had set aside. When I get there, I though, heck, why not look around. Well, I held the Tikka and it was all over. It's a great shooter and weighs less than the browning. I like everything about it!
I knew I had to have one after my 13 y.o. son did a bunch of research on what he wanted for a deer rifle. The deal is he pays half, I pay half. He chose this one. When I helped him sight it in it was all over. . . I had to have one. He is a very slight/tall 13 y.o., and recoil can be an issue. The muzzle brake on this rifle makes it very pleasant for him to shoot.

I knew I had to have one after my 13 y.o. son did a bunch of research on what he wanted for a deer rifle. The deal is he pays half, I pay half. He chose this one. When I helped him sight it in it was all over. . . I had to have one. He is a very slight/tall 13 y.o., and recoil can be an issue. The muzzle brake on this rifle makes it very pleasant for him to shoot.
I noticed the same thing shooting it in 7mm. Recoil is extremely manageable with the break and I would put it on par with a .308 or equivalent!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back