New Scope

Slug1982

Just got a .257 Weatherby and looking for a scope to go with it. Thinking of getting a vortex. Any suggestions?

What make & model rifle, how far do you shoot, what are you going to hunt.....welcome to HT.

What make & model rifle, how far do you shoot, what are you going to hunt.....welcome to HT.
It is a .257 Weatherby Vanguard. I want to push the distance as far as I can with it. Mostly going to hunt deer and coyotes with it. Thanks

On my 257 Weatherby I chose a 4-16 vortex diamondback HP with the BDC reticle or hash marks which ever you would like to call them. Sight it in and then verify where your hash marks are. I think this is way more efficent then having to range the critter then adjust your scope and hope its still at that distance.

Luepold vx3 or 5. I have the vx3 and it is a very nice scope. The cds dial is amazing. I bought mine new off eBay for $375.

Since you were Vortex specific I’d check out the Viper, then I’d cross index a Leupold with schmalts. You won’t be sorry.

There are lots of good options and some good advice already shared. I've got several Vortex and Leupold scopes. If you go with Vortex I'd recommend a Viper or higher up, if you go Leupold be sure to contact schmalts (Predator Optics). I've also had good experiences with EuroOptic. You need to decide if you want a BDC type reticle and/or if you're going to use the turret. If you're a turret twister, I'd recommend something with a zero-lock or return-to-zero feature. Too easy to really mess things up if you don't know where your turret is set.

Thanks for all of the input. It has given me some options to look into. Much appreciated

Back