Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

"new" rifle

Looks like a nice freshening up. Shocked with your choices.

Well he got most of it right. It is a standard Ti stock with the aluminum pillars. We then used steel bed for the bedding. I did not have a scale handy but I bet it shed a pound or more. Feels good and solid and as soon as he works up a load it likes it should be scary. Anyway it was a fun project and I think it came out well. Next thing ya know he will be shootin' TTSX's.............did I just say that? Buzz is in the huntin' bitness and brother, bitness is a boomin!

Man oh man... first it was a POS 7mag
Now it has a plastic stock and turrets? The internet sure has warped your sense of reality. :)

What happened to a 2-7 scope beign all you ever need? You could always get closer right? :D

Sweet looking rig. I'm thinking of tuning up one of my 280's MT rifles for sheep season with something very similar. Might go with dots instead of turrets though.

I went the other direction last week. Being bored, I switched my MRC/Serengeti Rifles .358 Win back into the wood stock. It's a 3-layer laminated which keeps the appearance of the great wood but adds teh stabilty of a laminated stock. Bedded by Serengeti when they did the stock. It has shot more than a few 1/4-inch groups. It has a 1 in 12 lapped barrel and shoots everything from 180s to 250s well. For a hard hunt, though, I;d switch it back to the MacMillan Edge....

MRC358.jpg

Bambistew,

Come on, cut a guy a little slack will ya'...;)

I'm still not sold on much about that rig yet...the turrets being the biggest thing I'm not sold on. I did a tracking test with the turrets...everything seems to be working so far. I'll wring it out this spring/summer and hopefully wont find any bugs.

I still like wood better, but thought it would be wise to have one all-purpose tupperware paddle. Still cant find anything classy about a plastic stock.

Back