"new" rifle

BuzzH

I swore I'd never own a plastic stocked rifle...so much for that.

I've been debating for the last 2 years on putting a different stock on my 7mm and wasnt sure what to do. So, after a bunch of research and my buddy Monty's advice I made some changes.

Before:

IMG_3762.JPG

Since I got my javelina so quick Monty and I had plenty of time to make a few changes. Alaskan Ti stock steel bedded and floated, talley LW bases/rings, timney trigger, leupold 3-9 with M1 turrets. Basically changed just about everything. Monty really went through a lot of effort to get everything set up perfect. Went out and shot it yesterday...I like it.

After:

IMG_4310.JPG

A closer look:

IMG_4311.JPG

That looks like a shooter for sure! Nice gun! I'm having a 7mm WSM built right now but will probably still be backing the good ol Rem 700 ADL in 7MM Mag for many of my hunts. Too much sentimental value and its been too good to me to put it up:)

It has no soul.

I like my soul-less Remington 700 Ti just fine! For pack hunts and foul weather it goes with almost everytime.

Nice setup Buzz.........What is steel bedding? I thought those stocks had an aluminum bedding block?

The Alaskan Ti has an aluminum block. I love wood but if I were looking for the lightest stock possible this would be in the top three.

Good looking set-up Buzz, she shoot any better or worse then before the changes? I started the switch to plastic a while back, been happy.

Back