Caribou Gear

new rifle. rem vs weatherby vs ???

Heard this from a few others. Why do think the Tikka T3x stock is no good ? Any particular reason(s). I have a Tikka T3X Hunter 270 in wood stock and although the action is super smooth and I achieve 1/2inch groups accuracy , I think the recoil is excessive and a bit harsh.

I have been one to say that as well. I just don't like them. They don't fit me well at all. As far as plastic stock goes, they're probably one of the better quality ones. They just don't fit me. I have also not had the luck and the love for the Tikka actions and accuracy that others have.

I have been one to say that as well. I just don't like them. They don't fit me well at all. As far as plastic stock goes, they're probably one of the better quality ones. They just don't fit me. I have also not had the luck and the love for the Tikka actions and accuracy that others have.

Tikkas have been super accurate for me without much effort as I have been able to get 1/2 MOA groups with them.

The recoil though is a different story. I felt that the recoil of my wood stock T3X Hunter in .270 was a bit excessive for what it was. They seem to kick as much or worse than the Wood/Polymer stock 30-06s from Remington and Bergara. But on the other hand the .270 round inherently seems to be a bit of a hotter recoiling round.

Tikkas have been super accurate for me without much effort as I have been able to get 1/2 MOA groups with them.

The recoil though is a different story. I felt that the recoil of my wood stock T3X Hunter in .270 was a bit excessive for what it was. They seem to kick as much or worse than the Wood/Polymer stock 30-06s from Remington and Bergara. But on the other hand the .270 round inherently seems to be a bit of a hotter recoiling round.

I'm sure at least some of the "issues" I've had with accuracy are from the stock fit. I'm not saying they're a turd, I just don't get the results that some post up.

And I still think that M70 action is smoother. :)

I have the old T3 with composite stock in 270 win. I am of average height and the stock fits me like a glove. I don't really notice the recoil. When I go to the range I usually shoot all of the ammo I bring. Sweet shooter and very accurate. Trigger set to 2lbs.

Stock is important though. Most production guns with a straight stock are for average size men. There are slight differences.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back