New ramrod for a CVA, .54 caliber "Apollo" model available?

windymtnman

Years ago, I bought an Apollo model CVA in .54 caliber. It's a stainless gun with a composite stock. I only use this
gun about every 4 years, as it takes me that long to be able to draw an Elk tag.
I broke the tip of the end of the ramrod, and now I need a new one. Are they available?
I hate to mention this, but I've never been able to pattern this gun out to 100 yards. I sight it in using a lead sled, so I think it's more a factor of the gun than anything else I can think of? Anyway, while I wish it was super accurate, I know I have to limit my range to around 80 yards to stay accurate enough to be taking the shot.
Thanks.

The Apollo was one of the guns that did cause CVA a major head ache, with a run of bad barrels - please call or e-mail BPI with the serial number they can tell you more about that particular barrel. Connecticut Valley Arms (CVA) 5988 Peachtree Corners East Norcross, GA 30071

The Apollo was one of the guns that did cause CVA a major head ache, with a run of bad barrels - please call or e-mail BPI with the serial number they can tell you more about that particular barrel. Connecticut Valley Arms (CVA) 5988 Peachtree Corners East Norcross, GA 30071
I think CVA did a recall on a lot of these years ago, and if I recall, my serial number just missed the ones being recalled. I never liked the sights on this rifle either, but that's another issue, and maybe it's just me
on this matter, not the gun? Anyway, thank you for your help!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back