Caribou Gear Tarp

New mobile setup

Andrewlonghi

Just ordered a lone wolf D'Acquisto Series Hang-On .75 × 1 Mesh / 22" (Tall) with 4 beast climbing sticks. Looking forward to using it. What is yalls setup for being mobile

My favorite is one of the laid back turkey chairs tucked into some brush or cedar, Muley creek seat is much nicer to carry though.

If I’m using a stand I have one of the Novix helos with 2-4 beast sticks. I upgraded the seat to one of the millennium style this year, hoping that makes it more comfortable for long sits.

Regarding the Millennium-style seat, did the same thing to my Lone Wolf Alpha- game changer.

Lone Wolf (original version of the company) Alpha with four LW sticks has worked well for me

A9669F79-39A5-4131-BC33-53C4AC2E63CA.jpegC5752029-4B96-4007-9987-6ADCC6FECA3A.jpeg

For sticks, I did wrap them with the fuzzy stealth wrap stuff. For my bottom step of my third stick, I found a full-profile step and swapped out one of the single sided ones- being able to have both feet level and lean against a lineman’s belt makes hanging a lot easier.

D1908D1D-8681-4E7D-936C-091E172EE014.jpeg4E738F83-B6FD-4652-A666-BFE88A7901CB.jpeg

Same chair, cut that stupid Velcro off and use a gear tie and it’s good to go! Still haven’t found a great way to carry it

Same chair, cut that stupid Velcro off and use a gear tie and it’s good to go! Still haven’t found a great way to carry it
I took a adjustable rifle strap and rigged it up to it for carrying. To keep it closed I use a small bungee cord and wrap around it

I have this same chair,I use it a lot for coyote hunting
Many a deer have met their maker to the strutter chair and primos trigger stick combo. The last few years it has been my preferred set up for everything but archery.

Many a deer have met their maker to the strutter chair and primos trigger stick combo. The last few years it has been my preferred set up for everything but archery.
Just hard to beat and that little chair is comfy, to hell with those little tripod stools

My deer setup for the ground is a primos ground blind chair and bog-pod tripod shooing stick. I did have the monopod but it met its destruction against a two cotton mouths while walking down a firetrail. 20221225_172417.jpg

Attachments

• 20221225_172435.jpg
    20221225_172435.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
I’m a saddle guy. Here in MN we can’t leave stands up on WMAs, which means set up and take down every time. The setup I’ve landed on is a Treehopper recon sling, predator platform, timber ninja sticks. Easy, quiet, light. All I can ask for.

I’ve thought about getting a LWCG stand, but that price tag…uffda.

My deer setup for the ground is a primos ground blind chair and bog-pod tripod shooing stick. I did have the monopod but it met its destruction against a two cotton mouths while walking down a firetrail. View attachment 291682
How do you get your BogPod to tighten down? I have the Redlegged Devil and the rifle cradle swings so freely that stability is severely compromised. I've had much better results just shooting off the yoke of my Mystery Ranch.

How do you get your BogPod to tighten down? I have the Redlegged Devil and the rifle cradle swings so freely that stability is severely compromised. I've had much better results just shooting off the yoke of my Mystery Ranch.
I don't, I leave it loose so I can move it as needed

Have a few options depending on the situation spanning a climber, lightweight lock-on (XOP), and a saddle. Use a set of modified Lone Wolf sticks with aiders, 3 or 4 sections, based on the situation.

And if necessary, will hunt off the ground.

Back