New Mobile Office

OzzyDave

Not a hunting rig but a mobile office. Picked it up this week.
Isuzu MUX - they are a 4cyl intercooled turbo diesel. I went a 4x4 wagon this time, purely for the comfort of the coil sprung rear. I do around 40 - 50k miles per year, so comfort is important. I’ve found the Isuzu‘s to be very reliable. My previous work utility has 200k miles on it after 4 years and only ever had regular service - no breakdowns or hiccups. Great fuel economy also. The utility averaged 8.5litres per 100km’s - sorry don’t how to convert that for you folks. The wagon is supposed to run a little less.
CE9A2269-2F76-4A2A-9C09-E0B7315DD44A.jpeg

It goes in on Monday for the ”fruit”
ARB Summit front bar for bouncing kangaroos off, rear tow bar and UHF radio. I’ve got a 28” LED light bar to go on the front once roo bar goes on.
37EE7F0E-F0BE-4D5B-925D-6FFDA09707B6.jpeg
Looking forward to getting back to work and getting out bush.

Can get expensive if you don’t have protection up front. I try not to drive at night when they are most active BUT still mange to bounce at least 10 a year.

The utility averaged 8.5litres per 100km’s - sorry don’t how to convert that for you folks.

Rented a van for a road trip in Canada... 30 min into our drive my wife noticed the perplexed look on my face:

Wife: Honey you ok?

Me: It's bad... I think our gas mileage is bad

It’s been a few years since I visited but I liked seeing the different models available down under versus what was available here.

Totally dig the way Australians set up their trucks! Thinking I need to do the same for one here, just on a 1/2 ton.

Man Australians really now how to make an over lander, and fuel efficient too. I appreciate the approach of function over everything else. Meanwhile im here with a 2008 F250 with the V10(cause they dont break) 4 door and an 8 ft bed tromping around on mountain roads. I think Americans do this a tad different..... :D

Probably the best set up trucks i‘ve seen here, are on a program called “All 4 Adventure” I think it’s on outdoor channel now. They stay remote for weeks on end and get into some wild, untamed country.

The roo bar was sorted last week. Put the light bar on this week while “working from home”.
Now it’s just hurry up and wait until we can get back on the road again.
3D2FB455-2002-491A-8D49-938BFA0A95FC.jpeg

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back