New Mexico Unit 45 Muley Hunt

I'm going to be going up in a week for my final scouting trip. I'll be sure to post my findings. A friend of mine was up recently and sent me some photos of a few nice thick bodied 4 points in the unit so I'm getting excited. I'll post when I get back.

Alright, so the final scouting trip was fairly successful. We got a bit of a late start but still got a good day in. We stayed between 8k-10k in elevation and put in a good amount of miles. Saw about 20 does and glimpsed a fairly thick bodied Buck about 1000 meters away from the ridge we were hiking up. I wasn't able to get a good look at his rack but he seemed wide enough at that distance. We ran into some elk hunters that had harvested a bull in the area just the day before. From what they said, and what we were able to verify from the substantial sign in the area, the deer are sticking to the water and moving early. There's supposed to be some good rain (snow in the high country) coming in early next week. So it seems like water won't be the big issue come the hunt. ill keep checking back on this thread as i can but either way -Good hunting!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back