MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

New Mexico Unit 2B

silasd

Doing some looking over computer at Unit 2B, look like unless you are on the 527 or 64, it's dirt. Also looks like a crap ton of oil and gas sites. Does anyone know if the major dirt roads, like Rosa Rd or the County Roads, like County Rd 513, open or are they gated off for oil and gas? I put in for this unit and trying to figure out how to crack the nut if I draw. Appreciate any info folks might have. Thanks!

Been along time but roads were pretty decent iirc. But this was in the winter.
Thanks. I used to snag salmon some years ago, and I remember traveling some dirt roads - pretty hard packed. I put in for the November draw. Fingers crossed. Appreciate the info.

rosa rd,513,310 rd are dirt,,gets bad when its wet///chains for all 4 is good insurance//the main travel rds are not gated,,but several side roads off the mains are gated,,was there last year.

Roads are terrible in that area. Deer hunting is nothing like it was in past. IMHO

rosa rd,513,310 rd are dirt,,gets bad when its wet///chains for all 4 is good insurance//the main travel rds are not gated,,but several side roads off the mains are gated,,was there last year.
Thanks - not a lot of experience with chains, but I'll make sure to make the investment. I'd rather pay the extra money and never use them than to be sitting there stuck in the muck wishing I had!

when dry the roads are pretty decent,,what they do is put a small layer of natural dirt and oil crews apparently grade the main roads for the tanker trucks that run to all the wells,,,but when it gets wet its bad.

when dry the roads are pretty decent,,what they do is put a small layer of natural dirt and oil crews apparently grade the main roads for the tanker trucks that run to all the wells,,,but when it gets wet its bad.
Thanks - I'm not take make chances and will bring chains if I draw.

Back