Yeti GOBOX Collection

New Mexico elk unit 34 archery

8,000 people have viewed this thread, that's where the problem is.
So then which is worse? Not following up with and update for people who were nice enough to give pointers? Or following up so people can see your success and decrease everyone else’s draw odds?

Pick your poison, someone on this forum is likely to flame you either way.

So then which is worse? Not following up with and update for people who were nice enough to give pointers? Or following up so people can see your success and decrease everyone else’s draw odds?

Pick your poison, someone on this forum is likely to flame you either way.
Then ask via pm and share your experience without naming a particular unit. Seems pretty simple.

Then ask via pm and share your experience without naming a particular unit. Seems pretty simple.
That’s all I have ever done and why you won’t find a single post from me or I’m sure many others asking for or naming units.

I agree that people should ask via pm, I wish every other new person who rolls in here thought the same.

I don't see a problem with discussing the units but I do see a problem with asking for advice on how to hunt the units. I have benefited greatly from other members pointing me in the right direction via PM. I owe them a lot of gratitude. What I do think is of value and something I try to strive for on my posts discussing units is to offer contexts and high level macro information. I think hunter crowding, expectations of a unit, experiences etc all help the hunter without blowing up a unit. For me one of the best things that helped in 2019 and 2021 was discussing moisture levels and antler growth/breaking..i took that information and formulated my own hunt plan/goal with it. In addition there are so many platforms out there to help you decide on a unit based on your points. Rather than convolute these forums with i have this many points should i hunt here lets take it a step forward and ask more engaging questions that maybe you cant answer on go hunt.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back