New Mexico draw question

nwihunter

I have gone through the New Mexico draw system before in the non resident guide pool. All 3 of my choices were different seasons within the same unit. My question is can you apply for different units with the 3 choices and some go into the guide pool some not?

I have gone through the New Mexico draw system before in the non resident guide pool. All 3 of my choices were different seasons within the same unit. My question is can you apply for different units with the 3 choices and some go into the guide pool some not?
I didn’t think you could split between guide pool and unguided. Once you put in the outfitter code it should apply to your entire list of choices. Maybe I’m wrong on that

I didn’t think you could split between guide pool and unguided. Once you put in the outfitter code it should apply to your entire list of choices. Maybe I’m wrong on that
that is my understanding as well. You can enter the guide pool for different species if you want but not mix and match for 1 species. that would really make the draw odds complicated.

agreed you gotta be in either guided or non-guided for all three choices. But you can definitely mix units/weapon choices etc, you also have to use the same outfitter for all 3 choices

Just remember without a guide you only have a 3% chance drawing. With a guide you have a 6%

Has the Rounding of 10 tag or less per units been fixed yet for non residents?

The guide pool is for the species regardless of hunt code or weapon.
For example. My bighorn application will be in the guide pool, all my choices on that application.
My late season archery mule deer applications will not be in the guide pool, all my hunt choices on the application.

Back