New Mexico Audad

Do you want the entire story as it happens ish

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Making progress on the day my camo is in the washer on delay for when we get back from Xmas shopping for the boys I can get it hung up and I just finished hand rolling the bullets for this trip. I really don’t like reloading but my gun loves it. I do most the prep work at a different time so when season rolls around I just load what I need for the hunt. It is nice having the brass all prepared and ready to go. I feel like I enjoy it more this way since I’m loading bullets I know I’ll need for this trip

Attachments

• IMG_1864.jpeg
    IMG_1864.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 25
Started trying to get some fear ready a little bit ago about the time I got done putting a kill kit together one of my boys started throwing up and I was needed inside. Sure how I don’t just pointlessly pack this around New Mexico

Attachments

• IMG_1869.jpeg
    IMG_1869.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1868.jpeg
    IMG_1868.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 51
Today has been a battle whatever my boy had I now have. Body hurts all over but we almost got the lights on the Xmas tree for the boys. And most my stuff is ready to roll so im not worried yet. This week will fly by with my work schedule and having to take my wife on a date Friday night to some other Xmas thing

Making progress on the day my camo is in the washer on delay for when we get back from Xmas shopping for the boys I can get it hung up and I just finished hand rolling the bullets for this trip. I really don’t like reloading but my gun loves it. I do most the prep work at a different time so when season rolls around I just load what I need for the hunt. It is nice having the brass all prepared and ready to go. I feel like I enjoy it more this way since I’m loading bullets I know I’ll need for this trip
What rifle/load combo are you planning on taking?

Ended up riding the couch for a couple days. Then work got a little hectic. Talked with the man that has the plan tonight they set camp yesterday. Super excited to be leaving soon he think this is a great tag since we kinda get the first crack at that them. My buddy and I got all our gear put together tonight then I swung by the airport gotta jockey a little bit of stuff but we should make weight just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_1883.jpeg
    IMG_1883.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1880.jpeg
    IMG_1880.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1882.jpeg
    IMG_1882.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
Last night at home dad pick us up at my house at 515 to head out. Things on the home front are less than great. My wife caught the bug and my oldest had to come home from school today for being sick. Alaska airlines adjusted our flights by 5 hours now I need to see if I even still have the uhaul reservations I made and if I can move it to a different store since they will now be closed before we land. That’s tomorrow problems thought. I’m packed and ready to roll gonna go read the boy a few stories and call it a night.

Attachments

• IMG_1891.jpeg
    IMG_1891.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
I just need transportation. I can be a pavement princess due to using the guides vehicle once we read h Roswell for the price of a uhaul and keeping all of our gear inside a cargo van it’s hard to beat. My last trip with a uhaul van it worked great we had 2 moose shoved into it
The real question is whose tennis shoes are slicker? 😂 never been a fan of the dudes, but homie’s red slam-dunkers look pretty fly too with a moose head in between 😅

Joking a bit, this is a badass pic hahaha

Good luck, this is gonna be a cool story! I’m excited it’s not just a few pics like, “hey I drew this and hired a guide. Looky what I got!”

It's well thought out, and personable- relatable for all of us with a family at home, the low draw odds, hard decisions with outfitting and the transport and just the whole enchilada.

Can’t wait to read more. Keep taking lots of photos!

Been laying here awake for about 45 min. Today regret is flying for this trip when I booked the flight we would have been in Albuquerque at 1 and in town to meet the guide for a beer by 5 now we aren’t landing till 6 so we will just stay the night in Albuquerque. It’s a tough game planning the best way to travel some times it’s 1100 miles one way who would have known that Alaska would add the extra 5 hours to the trip and the it wouldn’t have snowed in the last month when we booked in June. Ow well it’s done now my ride will be here soon hopefully all goes well getting checked in

I hope everything from here on out falls in line and goes smoothly. This is reminding me of my aoudad hunt near Roswell, we had sickness running through the family and I caught the bug the night before I left for a 1,400+ mile drive. I think I hit almost every gas station along the route, rather I needed fuel or not. I did get an aoudad that I was very happy with and a hunt that was very memorable in a positive way, just with a few hurdles along the way. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back