Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

New Member – Colorado

@Huntin_GI, Randy11, Gr8Bawana: Thank you!

@LopeHunter: Thank you for the tips and advice. I started him on the Marlin bolt gun in .22LR five years ago, we’ve been stepping thing up over time and now I have him shooting the ol’ M70 chamber in .270, were shootin' 130gr InterLocks. That cartridge + the weight of this file = nice manageable recoil. The only problem with this rig is the current length of pull is not ideal for him - yet. So I may either have it restocked or get a different rifle in a (youth model). I may go this way since I have 3 more kids behind him. However with a youth model we will lose rifle weight so I’ve been thinking about one chambered in a lighter caliber like the 7mm-08 or 6.5x55. Sorry for rambling on here, I like to talk guns!

@Huntin_GI, Randy11, Gr8Bawana: Thank you!

@LopeHunter: Thank you for the tips and advice. I started him on the Marlin bolt gun in .22LR five years ago, we’ve been stepping thing up over time and now I have him shooting the ol’ M70 chamber in .270, were shootin' 130gr InterLocks. That cartridge + the weight of this file = nice manageable recoil. The only problem with this rig is the current length of pull is not ideal for him - yet. So I may either have it restocked or get a different rifle in a (youth model). I may go this way since I have 3 more kids behind him. However with a youth model we will lose rifle weight so I’ve been thinking about one chambered in a lighter caliber like the 7mm-08 or 6.5x55. Sorry for rambling on here, I like to talk guns!

I had my 1st daughter shooting a 7mm-08 Marlin I bought at Big R. For an inexpensive gun, it groups well. I've had my 2nd daughter out at the range shooting it and she does just fine. I even "borrowed" it to kill a deer a few years back.

Thanks for the validation Zach!

I had my 1st daughter shooting a 7mm-08 Marlin I bought at Big R. For an inexpensive gun, it groups well. I've had my 2nd daughter out at the range shooting it and she does just fine. I even "borrowed" it to kill a deer a few years back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back