Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

New member and new hunter

SoCalHuntr

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum. Been listening to the podcasts and since im new to hunting i figured a forum would be a good place to acquire some info. I'm from san diego so as far as local hunting info goes its fairly hard to find. So hopefully I can lean on the experience from the members at hunt talk to help me find some answers.

Welcome! I lived in San Diego for a few years in my early 20s. There's some great fishing opportunities there but for hunting you're going to have to do some driving.

Welcome. I did my time near San Diego at Camp Pendleton. Ooorah!!! Semper Fi. Anyways this and the Elk101 (run by Corey Jacobsen) group on Facebook I think are the best sources of hunting for beginners and novices to hunting. Elk101 is good if you are into archery pre-rut to full rut hunting.

Welcome! I lived in San Diego for a few years in my early 20s. There's some great fishing opportunities there but for hunting you're going to have to do some driving.
Yea this will be my second season coming up October. I usually get a couple deep sea fishing trips or tuna trips in each year. Because the deer out here are fairly small. Going elk hunting in Colorado 2nd rifle backpacking in wilderness area. Hoping to fill the freezer with meat.
Welcome. I did my time near San Diego at Camp Pendleton. Ooorah!!! Semper Fi. Anyways this and the Elk101 (run by Corey Jacobsen) group on Facebook I think are the best sources of hunting for beginners and novices to hunting. Elk101 is good if you are into archery pre-rut to full rut hunting.
I will eventually get into archery. I would love to now but I have to pace myself try learning backpack hunting and tactics with a rifle and then challenge myself with a bow. But it seems like the real fun of elk hunting is during the rut with a bow. And it will be a few years till I get there. Thanks for the info.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back