Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

New Leicas

ShootsManyBullets

Anyone use the new Leica or Swaro rangefinding binos? Trying to decide on the Leicas or the Swaros for my optics bucket list. I saw the Leicas at the shot show and liked them.

Was thinking I might sell my Leica binos and rangefinder and pick up a set of the new rangefinding binos and eliminate an extra piece of equipment.

I looked through a pair of the Leica set 2 weeks ago, gotta say I was pretty impressed. I was a skeptic before I looked through them but they were crystal clear, pretty slick. I'm by no means an optics expert, but I liked them.

I have the Leicas and I like them. Some hunting partners have the Swaros and they are great too. To me its personal preference, there are some differences between the two so it just boils down to the individual. I prefer the Leicas but I can see why others might like the Swaros. I doubt you would be unhappy with either.

Leicas hands down the best I have ever looked through. I want a set of geovids.

Be aware of the warranty. The rangefinder portion is/was only covered for 5 years, check on that fact as it may have changed on me. That applied to both brands at one time.

I have a buddy with a pair and they are slick however, I prefer to have less hanging on my neck. Just personal preference I guess.

I have the 10x42, and 15x50 with the range finders. have had them since they came out, although I dont use the range finders much, I would buy another anytime. I like swaros adapter to tripod much better,and that would be the reason I would buy them next.

I have had the geovids 15x56's for a 5 years and love them and I've had the swaro's 15x56's(non-range-finding) for about 8-10 years and love those also, but the Leica's are my first choice due to rangefinder….both have great glass….chris

Me personally, Id go with the one with the best warranty and company reputation. A new product can have some glitches in it.There are some guys here who really know there stuff when it comes to glass.See what they have to say.....:cool:

I have the past version of the 10X42 Geovids and liked them but I found them to be overpriced. I hope they improved the ranging function of the new models because the past version was not that great. I found much much better performance out of a hand held RX-1000. The warranty of 5 years was also true for the electronic portion. Optical performance was average and to me that put them as over-priced. That all being said there is nothing better than having them all in one unit for less baggage and even more for faster time from spotting to shooting in certain situations where time matters. I am hoping to see more companies come out with a ranging binocular in a mid-priced model besides Bushnell.

I have the past version of the 10X42 Geovids and liked them but I found them to be overpriced. I hope they improved the ranging function of the new models because the past version was not that great. I found much much better performance out of a hand held RX-1000. The warranty of 5 years was also true for the electronic portion. Optical performance was average and to me that put them as over-priced. That all being said there is nothing better than having them all in one unit for less baggage and even more for faster time from spotting to shooting in certain situations where time matters. I am hoping to see more companies come out with a ranging binocular in a mid-priced model besides Bushnell.

You think Leupold will come out with a set?

I currently have a tripod adapter on my 10x42 Leicas and love them. I'll probably give it a little time to see both models and see if either has issues before I pull the trigger on a set. Hopefully someone will have a nice tripod adapter soon.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back