Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

New Legislation in House

jbowlin

Just saw this and passing along. Anyone have more information on it?

This bill died in committee in 2018 because the DOI didn't have any way to fund state wildlife agencies. They wanted 1.3 billion from the DOI to statisfy the requirements of the bill. This year they want to re-introduce the bill only this time they want to "steal" 1.3 billion from the Robertson-Pittman funds. I am all for helping threatened and endangered species but not at the expense of the management of all other species and their habitat. This is just another "bait and switch" tactic brought on by the anti-hunting crowd. The wizard behind the curtain is none other than the infamous Environmental Groups.

I fully expect this bill to again die in committee but if people are asleep and it does get on the docket, then Sportsmen and Sportswomen need to write their Congress person and say "hayyyylllll Noooo!!!!

Last edited:
This bill died in committee in 2018 because the DOI didn't have any way to fund state wildlife agencies. They wanted 1.3 billion from the DOI to statisfy the requirements of the bill. This year they want to re-introduce the bill only this time they want to "steal" 1.3 billion from the Robertson-Pittman funds. I am all for helping threatened and endangered species but not at the expense of the management of all other species and their habitat. This is just another "bait and switch" tactic brought on by the anti-hunting crowd. The wizard behind the curtain is none other than the infamous Environmental Groups.

I fully expect this bill to again die in committee but if people are asleep and it does get on the docket, then Sportsmen and Sportswomen need to write their Congress person and say "hayyyylllll Noooo!!!!

The bill utilizes an account in the Pittman-Robertson fund, but doesn't interfere with excise taxes at all. The agencies want this bill, which is why the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies is one of the groups that pushed hardest to get it introduced, along with a bunch of sportsmen's groups. Look at this list of partners: http://ournatureusa.com/our-partners/ .

Where are you getting your info?

The info is in plain english, easily available to those who seek it. Don't be fooled by this association. They are not all what they purport to be. Alot of people over many years have worked really hard for the proper disbursement of the funds generated by the Robertson-Pittman Wildlife Restoration Act. Without the proper disbursement of these funds to state fish and game agencies, there would be no hunting seasons in any state. The enviros have whined for decades about not having a seat at this table. No legitimate Sportmen's group would ever endorse this bill.

Last edited:
So the congressional sportsmen foundation, Dallas Safari Club, DU, QDMA, Bass Pro, Cabela's, Delta Waterfowl, etc are all enviros who hate hunting?

I look at that list & it's a who's who of hunting industry players at the federal level. Respectfully, I am not sure your criticism stands.

Don't put words into my mouth son..... I am talking about Legitimate Sportmen's groups like Safari Club Int'l, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, National Wild Turkey Federation as examples. No, I do not recognize some of the "shills" that you mentioned as legitimate Sportmen's Groups! I am not going to point them out one by one. You know as well as I do who they are and their agendas. This bill does not align with the conservation principles of the true sportsman. Like I stated before, and let me be clear....the probability that the sun will nova tomorrow is higher than the chance that this bill will pass...and rightfully so!

Oh, and NWTF, BHA, DU, and TRCP are all on the list...

I haven't taken the time to look at the bill, but asserting that no legitimate sportsman's group is partnering just shows that you haven't even clicked on the provided link.

Oh I have seen enough. Last year they were after the Tribal Education funds and that didn't work out so well so now they are after Sportmen's wildlife funds. Go panhandle somewhere else!

No gain in bickering. No minds will sway. Let our duly elected Congressional representatives analize, debate, and sort it out.

Watch, listen and learn ... providing opinion to your representative when appropriate. Be more calm, Grasshoppers.
It's difficult to understand ones tone in a public forum. I have no reason or inclination to bicker. I am not a PAID lobbyist -um-
I totally agree. Let the votes fall where they may. At 4 to 1 for co-sponsers I wouldn't call this bill bi-partisan. I think i've wasted enough bandwidth on a bill that is DOA anyway. And i am not going to stay up all night and wait for the sun to nova either.

Last edited:
NWTF is listed as a supporter.

Boone & Crockett supports it as well AWFWA, which is the organization of state wildlife agencies.

Happy to agree to disagree here.

"I am not a PAID lobbyist -um-" Duly noted, Gila.
What has become apparent is that, although a "paid lobbyist" certainly supports a bias, yet is better and more extensively informed than most of us. The paid lobbyist I am acquainted with on this forum strives to present objective and factual perspectives, positions with which I may not always agree ... but always appreciate and highly respect.

I read the list of supporters, didn't see RMEF, I usually find they align best with my interests. Of late my state agency hasn't used PR funds or advocated policy that is 100% in line with what I'd like. I understand people need a secure salary but...

Back