Caribou Gear

New Kiwi Member

MTKiwi

Hey Guys a Montana native here thats been living in New Zealand for the last 25 years.

Hunting in NZ is great and pretty simple. I'm joining as looking to learn a bit as I'm looking to visit the states this coming year hopefully with a couple tags in my pocket and need to start figuring out some of the logistics. The regulations are a bit of a new thing as over here its very simple without seasons, bag limits, and very little restrictions.

I've hunted the Montana General Combo a few years back and passed on a few younger bulls and took a nice whitetail buck.

I've also spent a bit of time guiding horseback and backpack moose and mountain goat hunts in British Columbia.

Hoping to gain some knowledge maybe make a few contacts and potentially offer a hunt swap as local knowledge is worth a bunch. I'm based in Canterbury and spend most of my time in the Alpine chasing Red Stags, Chamois, and Tahr.

Here's a few of my North American escapades so far.

P9290219.JPGIMG_20190827_120447.jpg
IMG_20191026_140141.jpg
IMG_20191026_135619.jpgIMG_20190914_162409.jpg

Where at in Canterbury? I used to live in Blenheim, worked a bit outta Picton and played footy in Seddon. I had some good times on the South Island, but no hunting.

Have a Speights for me. And a mince and cheese.

Where at in Canterbury? I used to live in Blenheim, worked a bit outta Picton and played footy in Seddon. I had some good times on the South Island, but no hunting.

Have a Speights for me. And a mince and cheese.
Steak n cheese ;)

welcome, always wanted to get down to your part of the world. l told my wife that the next time we visit her family in the waikato district that l was going to pack my rifle and fly rod and that she wouldn't see me for at least ten days.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back