Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

New hunting rifle

I have an original T3 in 270 win from 2005. The rifle has brought down everything I have put in the crosshairs. The only problem I have had with it is I don't want to shoot anything else. Great choice on scope.

Great rifle and a great caliber. 270 Winchester has killed everything in north america.. shot placement is the key. Good glass choice. I think you will love the combo.

So far I am NOT a fan of the 3 position safety. When the safety is on, it could easily be bumped to the fire position. I guess the location of it is what I hate about it.

Mine clicks in 3 different spots. I hate that you need the safety off to load it and how easily it can be bumped off when engaged.

While i personally am not a fan of the 270, i cannot discount it's merits.
It is a fine cartridge that can handle most anything.

Congrats on the new rifle!

Congrats on your new rifle. Longbow51 mentioned the lack of figure in your stock, but I'd rather have it out in foul weather than one of my rifles with their fancy walnut stocks.

I've always thought that the .270 Win was a good cartridge. I even have one that I won at a shoot once, and I worked up a sub-moa 130 grain load for it, but I've never taken it hunting.

I mentioned on another thread that a 3 position safety was not one of my criteria for buying a new rifle, and although I really like blued metal and fancy walnut I do have and use several rifles in plastic stocks. But I also like the "clean" lines of a bolt action rifle without an extended magazine hanging out under it. And that would keep me from buying that rifle.

Congrats on your new rifle. Longbow51 mentioned the lack of figure in your stock, but I'd rather have it out in foul weather than one of my rifles with their fancy walnut stocks.

I've always thought that the .270 Win was a good cartridge. I even have one that I won at a shoot once, and I worked up a sub-moa 130 grain load for it, but I've never taken it hunting.

I mentioned on another thread that a 3 position safety was not one of my criteria for buying a new rifle, and although I really like blued metal and fancy walnut I do have and use several rifles in plastic stocks. But I also like the "clean" lines of a bolt action rifle without an extended magazine hanging out under it. And that would keep me from buying that rifle.
The extended 5-round magazines can be bought separately, which I did. I like the idea of not having to reload a 3 round magazine constantly when target shooting. I also have the factory 3 round mag that came with the rifle which I probably won't ever use.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back