New hunter

Conative

So I grew up in the country got to go on one hunt with my dad before he passed, I was 14. That was pretty much the last time I did anything hunting related. Now I’m 35 and hear the call of the wild deep in my soul and looking to get back into hunting. I’d love to shoot bow, but am not opposed to rifle hunting. In Denver, wondering if there are any seasoned hunters out there willing to mentor a greenhorn. Any advice welcome!

Welcome and you've come to the right place! Ask all your questions and the search function is your friend. Plenty of opportunities in Colorado.

Great on ya for joining the addiction! You might take a look at Backcountry Hunters and Anglers chapters up there and see if they have a mentored hunt program. We have started one here in Texas and I think there's a program in their chapter up there too. Great luck to ya however you get into it.

Welcome!! Though not as popular as it was in days past, but I'd look into getting a shotgun and/or a 22 rifle and look into doing some small game hunting as well. Long season and they can be hunted in a lot of places.

Good luck on your journey and look forward to reading about your progress!

You are in a great spot to start hunting again. Colorado has some great opportunities especially for residents. If you have general questions about draws, units, hunting methods fire away. I'm in CA but know a few things about Colorado. If I were you I would start hunting with a rifle first and then move to the bow after you have a season under your belt. While I love archery hunting the learning curve can be steep. One way to meet a lot of other archery hunters is to shoot a 3D league. Archery 3d is a great time and you meet some good people face to face.

Welcome. This is a great place to learn and ask questions. You’ll learn a little bit about hunting and a lot about all the other random stuff hunters like to talk about. :ROFLMAO:

Back