Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

New Hunter and new to group

Hi,
I am a new hunter, late "bloomer" maybe. Never been hunting before but have recently gained the desire to give it a try. To be honest I've been addicted to shows like Naked and Afraid or Alone and have since wanted to try some subsistence type of life style. Growing or harvesting my own meals and being more in touch with reality not all this big city BS and political hog wash going on.
I got a recurve bow and am looking at black powder rifles. I want to try and be as authentic as possible. I'm sure I'll catch a lot of slack for this post as I've found other groups to be quite critical and unfriendly to adult beginners.
I recently moved to CO from Arizona and have been astonished at the amount of wildlife everywhere. If you have any advice on things to try or things to avoid I welcome the feedback. I don't know if I will do any big game hunts this year but am interested in turkey and rabbits. Maybe waterfowl.
Any way, I look forward to reading and learning from this group.
Welcome, it's never too late! Glad you have joined. Love the quest for purity in your hunting approach. It is lucky you moved to CO vs. AZ as getting hunting access and tags will be much easier in such a game rich environment. My advice is not to start asking for advice without establishing yourself as a valued member. ( I did that and nearly lost my first born child over it.).......in all seriousness I have run into a ton of helpful members and you will too. Hope you find it as rewarding as I have thus far.

I'm trying to get into hunting as well but it's been a bit difficult with not knowing where to start. I currently live in VA and would love some advice on where to hunt birds.

welcome to HT. in my opinion there isn't much more fun than trying to hunt rabbits with a recurve. I also recommend playing with flu flu arrows.

You guys do know the OP was only here for one day and this was his only post, never to be seen again since last year? :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back