New guy Intro

QELKhunter

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for welcoming to you hunt talk forum. I am excited to be here and hear all your great stories and bounce ideas off of you all.

A little about my self. I am a Colorado native born and raised in the San Juan mountains. My family has been farming and ranching here since 1885 and we still reside on the original homestead.

My childhood was spent fishing and hunting small game in and around my family's property. Unfortunately my family was never really into big game hunting but I always dreamt about how cool it would be to have grown up when this country was wild and filled with elk, deer and buffalo. It wasn't until I was 15 that I finally talked my dad into taking me hunting. That year we hunted both elk and deer and ended up with a nice cow elk. I didn't get the opportunity to hunt big game again until I had graduated high school and was on my own. I haven't missed a season since.

This year has had many exciting first for me. The first is my wife and I were blessed with twin boys in June. The second is my wife wanted to see why I love hunting so much and got a 1st season bull tag. She filled that tag opening morning on a herd bull pushing 30 cows. 2020 has been a heck of a year but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Anyways thanks for letting me join the group. I look forward to sharing my experiences and reading yours.

Welcome! It's great to have you on board! I really respect guys who get into hunting without the support/mentor/family traditions that others have. It's wonderful to hear you're sharing your passion with wife/kids. Best of wishes for great hunts and family times into the future!

Thank you all for the welcome! I've learned a lot in the short 8 months I've been on here and even made some friends and contacts in my local area. This is overall a very welcoming group and provide a lot of support. I hope to contribute to this group as much as I've taken from it.
But an issue I've been struggling with is starting a conversation with a new member and then they just stop responding. Or reading someone's post and getting all hyped up for their hint just to find out that was there first post and they never returned. Is this something pretty common to Hunt Talk or is the conversion of new members to active participating members pretty good?
Is there a place to see those stats?

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back