PEAX Equipment

New guy from WA

dbh45

After reading posts for a few weeks I thought I'd introduce myself. Currently living in Western WA, but grew up in Northern MI. I hunted ruffed grouse and woodcock as kid and young adult. Hunted for Whitetail deer a few times in MI. Big game hunting has always been something I've wanted to do, but have always been a bit intimidated hunting big game out west.

The HuntTalk podcasts and YouTube videos have really inspired me to seek out hunting opportunities in the West and go for it. I'm hopeful with the information available here in the forums and with some help from some of the members I'll be able to plan and take one or two big game hunting trips this year.

WELCOME!! I am a native Hoosier but got my first taste of hunting in WA (Ft Lewis) at 33. Spent an entire firearms season cold and wet while seeing only does (it was a 3 pt a side or better unit at the time) and I was HOOKED. I can't tell you how grateful I am for the opportunities I have had already to hunt here in the west and hope you get the same reward.

Hello. I spend 150 or more days a year in Vancouver and have hunted turkey a few times along the Columbia. Most my Western big game hunts end up being outside WA, though. I have been playing the draw game here in the West about 30 years so if can be of help as you parse thought the various draws or are trying to decide which ones to participate in based on your particular situation, let me know. Good luck!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back