New Guy from Eastern Oregon

Bulldog12

New to this forum. I'm from Eastern Oregon and most of my hunting experience is from here other than a couple of hunts in 1990s in Idaho and Wyoming. I hunt elk and deer with archery and rifle equipment. Antelope are hard to draw tags in this state but have killed one with a muzzleloader here in Oregon as well. I am joining because I am drawing points in Wyoming and Montana and have pretty much given up on this state now that archery is going to controlled tags and looking for information and experiences outside Oregon. ODFW has no plans on predator control or habitat improvement their only plan is to limit hunter participation. I have 19 points for elk-15 for antelope and still on the outside looking in.

welcome @Bulldog12 - from a Southern Oregon guy turned Alaskan!
I'm from Lake County and now living in North Pole, Alaska.

Good luck with your change of hunting plans - there is a lot of information to be had on here! Read alot and post some as well!

Welcome. I find OR to offer some pretty good hunting opportunities. Having archery hunted Hells Canyon, and seeing the shit show it’s become, I welcome the limited entry.

It took me 18 years to draw Walla Walla any bull, but in that time I killed an awful lot of spikes. Beats not hunting at all. Like JLS I remember the days when places like Mt. Emily, The breaks of Grande Rhonde and HElls canyon needed traffic control, this recent season I did not see a hunter in the field, we both killed our elk, and I had to walk 4 miles to the truck without a single road hunter passing me one night. Granted they were spike tags and I did not draw a deer tag. A mixed blessing. Wolves, bears and Lions do take a toll, wish everyone carried a tag in their pocket. That being said I also have Wyoming points and I’m leaving for Montana tomorrow.
Welcome aboard.

New to this forum. I'm from Eastern Oregon and most of my hunting experience is from here other than a couple of hunts in 1990s in Idaho and Wyoming. I hunt elk and deer with archery and rifle equipment. Antelope are hard to draw tags in this state but have killed one with a muzzleloader here in Oregon as well. I am joining because I am drawing points in Wyoming and Montana and have pretty much given up on this state now that archery is going to controlled tags and looking for information and experiences outside Oregon. ODFW has no plans on predator control or habitat improvement their only plan is to limit hunter participation. I have 19 points for elk-15 for antelope and still on the outside looking in.
Welcome

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back