New from NM

David58

Just found out about this forum about a month ago, and it has resulted in my wife and me bagging an elk this past Sunday. Spending a lot of time here, and watching Randy's videos, and getting fired up about more hunting in NM - success will do that! So THANKS! From an old guy in his 60's and his wife close behind, we are happy to be on Hunttalk!

David (and Annette)
White Rock, NM

Was a cow hunt, not a lot of pictures, but here's one. Blessed that my shot was true and she was DRT. Over the years I have wounded two animals (one elk I finally killed, one deer I never found), and still feel bad about them.

Attachments

• A8D0CB11-B4D8-4930-AE1D-724F8A03E315.jpeg
    A8D0CB11-B4D8-4930-AE1D-724F8A03E315.jpeg
    583.9 KB · Views: 14
Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your elk.
I just came through NM a couple of days ago, saw a lot of beautiful country down there.
It has been a big change from the Willamette Valley, but we are on a mesa just below the big mountains and deep woods. A lot less mud, but then a lot less steelhead fishing.

Hey David, I am up in LA, just above you. I had many years of hunting here in this area but will head down south this fall for elk and deer hunts.

Hey David, I am up in LA, just above you. I had many years of hunting here in this area but will head down south this fall for elk and deer hunts.
We only drew Ibex, so we'll be going south, too. Hoping to find a landowner cow tag, and going to apply for pronghorn in WY. Just gotta get out!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back