PEAX Equipment

New from FL

TM0218

Hey everyone, I’m an “adult onset” hunter from FL who just got started a couple years ago with the help of my brother-in-law. My wife and I have talked about doing a DIY elk hunt for a while now and figured this was a great place to come for advice. We’ve learned a lot from Randy’s videos on The subject but know there is so much more to learn from everyone else as well. So I just thought I’d start off introducing myself, and I look forward to talking more!

Welcome, your in the right place. Sit back and watch for a while, use the search function, and ask targeted questions for answers you couldn’t find from searching.

I hunted a lot in Florida/Georgia as a kid and teenager. The biggest shock for elk is the learning curve and making the change to Public land hunting. I was a taken back at first, but I've given myself the necessary attitude adjustment and now I can't wait for every upcoming weekend to go exploring and scouting. I was lucky enough to move out to CO 2 years ago.
With elk you are going for the experience and education. The expectation of success with every other hunt, is thrown out the door. Once this is understood, let the daydreaming and plotting begin.

We’re up in the Tampa Bay Area

The good news is I hunt the public land here in Florida so I’m a bit accustomed to low expectations lol but it will definitely be a big difference and huge learning curve, not to mention the terrain differences.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back